What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Kurt Angle

First Grade
I know you can’t stand Vlandys but your quantum leaping here is highly amusing. At least PR will love you.

I have a lot of respect for V'Landys, and will assert he has done a lot of good for RL

But he does have one flaw and it's been known since his days in racing prior to joining the NRL. That flaw has come to the fore here

I am extremely critical of it because proper expansion is the last piece of the puzzle to making RL the undisputed number 1 game here

He is doing more harm than good by going public with this

Wb1234

Immortal
I have a lot of respect for V'Landys, and will assert he has done a lot of good for RL

But he does have one flaw and it's been known since his days in racing prior to joining the NRL. That flaw has come to the fore here

I am extremely critical of it because proper expansion is the last piece of the puzzle to making RL the undisputed number 1 game here

He is doing more harm than good by going public with this
No he isn’t

This is how he gets the existing clubs to accept expansion when no other nrl boss has managed it

And it’s better it doesn’t come from the arlc profits

He’s doing his job of what’s best for rugby league as a whole

Cummins didn’t listen when told to pony up some money and he’s lucky to get another chance

Matt_CBY

Juniors
unless the consortium find some money or the NRL decide they will invest the $50mill themselves thats needed both Bears fans and WA fans are going to be bitterly dissapointed. The WA govt will not own or have any share in ownership of a sports club, I can guarantee you that.

If Vlandys is stupid enough to walk away from $480mill investment in the game in WA for the sake of a $20mill license fee will be interesting to see, if he does I think we can all agree he's a moron.
We all agree you’re a moron

Wb1234

Immortal
facts my dear boy, facts. Straight from the horses mouth.
Beattie told him twice he had to pay a significant license fee and he still opted to pay zero

Couldn’t raise any money from Perth investors and said no to money from investors associated with the bears

Wb1234

Immortal

Kurt Angle

First Grade
No he isn’t

This is how he gets the existing clubs to accept expansion when no other nrl boss has managed it

And it’s better it doesn’t come from the arlc profits

Profits are usually exchanged for increased equity during growth.

It's balance sheet 101
He’s doing his job of what’s best for rugby league as a whole

I agree, he has been a net benefit as a whole for the NRL

But he has irreversibly harmed the WA bid
Cummins didn’t listen when told to pony up some money and he’s lucky to get another chance

V'Landys didn't listen to the objection either, and he clearly didn't work to negotiate

Matt_CBY

Juniors
The Bears had not stumped up for a licence fee given an estimated $26 million in start-up costs and what Cumins felt was between $10 million and $20 million in value being created for the NRL by establishing a West Australian team.
Ohhh the NRL need the WA team more than WA need the NRL. I got you now.

This is the attitude that screwed over the consortium.

Wb1234

Immortal
Profits are usually exchanged for increased equity during growth.

It's balance sheet 101

I agree, he has been a net benefit as a whole for the NRL

But he has irreversibly harmed the WA bid

V'Landys didn't listen to the objection either, and he clearly didn't work to negotiate
Without pvl there would be no expansion

He’s doing no damage to the Perth bid it’s all self inflicted because Cummins is an idiot

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Are you purposely trying to show how amateur the cumins consortium was now?

Good to see you’ve come around.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Dont be silly! This smacks of Western Reds travel cost imposition all over again.

Again .. which never actually happened …i keep telling you this and have for 20 years

they joined Super League before they actually played in the competition …. Were they still paying the travel costs on behalf of Super League ?

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Cant say, but what I can say is what the NRL identified as plan B wont happen. and thats straight from the horses mouth. So it’s either NRL invests $50mill and owns the license or they sit down with the consortium and work something out.
Put up the name of the horse for shut up.

Latest posts