What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Perth Red

Post Whore
A
Why the f**k would any games be taken to NSO when the NSW Government has just spent millions of dollars on Sydney Football Stadium, Parramatta Stadium, Brookvale and Penrith Football Stadium?

It's like using an old thunderbox that has shit all over it and infested with cockroaches after building 3 state of the art shithouses that have a seat warmer, bidot and air conditioning.
apparently it’s “scenic”, that’s all bears have been able to say when it comes to me asking why ns oval is fit for 2025 nrl lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good luck selling games at that rate. $300k is the going rate in most cases.

Most Sydney clubs likely will draw lower in Perth. That is the game you would take over
Yep but we shouldn’t need to sell games, theres a premium included when you only get 12 games in your city lol
in seriousness though I can live with one game a year in sydney v manly. That’s it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
See how much a home game clears 1st
I suspect hbf park rent will be very cheap or free as part of tne govt support. So most of the game day revenue will be profit. You can sell 12 game memberships for more than 11 game memberships not to mention the lack of corporate facilities at ns oval which will cost the club in lost box sales At hbf park.

that said it makes commercial sense to have one game in Sydney to bolster Sydney membership sales and maybe pick up a sponsor or two from the area.

A

apparently it’s “scenic”, that’s all bears have been able to say when it comes to me asking why ns oval is fit for 2025 nrl lol
If the NRL were to take games to NSO them it would anger the NSW tax payers who've been slugged a fortune to fix up rugby league stadia.

If we're lucky then this BS from North Sydney will spur Cummins, Sackson and Sage to band together and put in a mammoth bid that'll set the Pirates up as the biggest club behind the Broncos.

Wb1234

Referee
I suspect hbf park rent will be very cheap or free as part of tne govt support. So most of the game day revenue will be profit. You can sell 12 game memberships for more than 11 game memberships not to mention the lack of corporate facilities at ns oval which will cost the club in lost box sales At hbf park.

that said it makes commercial sense to have one game in Sydney to bolster Sydney membership sales and maybe pick up a sponsor or two from the area.
Given the state it’s in they can’t charge much rent for it

compared to the stadia Sydney clubs largely have it’s almost an embarrassment

that’s the difference when you have a state government recognises league as its primary football code

I mean just compare Optus to hbf park

Wb1234

Referee
If the NRL were to take games to NSO them it would anger the NSW tax payers who've been slugged a fortune to fix up rugby league stadia.

If we're lucky then this BS from North Sydney will spur Cummins, Sackson and Sage to band together and put in a mammoth bid that'll set the Pirates up as the biggest club behind the Broncos.
Lmao

have you seen how sage has run the glory

Perth Red

Post Whore
Given the state it’s in they can’t charge much rent for it

compared to the stadia Sydney clubs largely have it’s almost an embarrassment

that’s the difference when you have a state government recognises league as its primary football code

I mean just compare Optus to hbf park
lol, its around $100k for a game from memory. State its in? They've just spent over $150mill on it!!
Yeh well AFL is big and NRL isnt, AFL has two teams NRL has none. Maybe if NRL had got its finger out and put a team here before HBF park was upgraded wed be enjoying a commbank built next to Optus now? Cant blame the WA Govt for NRl's national procrastination.

Compared to Sydney clubs? Its the Taj Mahal compared to Shark park, Kogarah, Leichardt, Campbelltown, Accor, Brookvale, NS Oval lol. Its only taken 100 years for Sydney to finally get a decent RL stadium!!

Wb1234

Referee
He also gets a lot of decisions wrong. Accepting $100mill less from fox, ending up in court with nswrl, calling expansion areas a waste of money, getting rid of mid season tests, possibly redcliife as brisbane2 And so it goes on.

His admiration for some nostalgia around the bears could be a disaster for rugby league in WA if done incorrectly.
The thing with people who try things is sometimes it fails

at least he’s realised his mistakes and corrected them

or as I said we can go back to gallop grant whittacker the welsh guy who I can’t remember his name or Greenberg lmao

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lmao

have you seen how sage has run the glory
Yeh Id be very wary of him from what I'veheard. Hes pumped many millions into the Glory but they arent a well run club and have failed miserably to engage the massive soccer fanbase in perth.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well

well I mean the ink is barely dry on the admission papers for the dolphins and here we are a year later talking about the next team

or we can go back to previous guys lmao
We've been talking about 18 clubs for over a decade. Lets not get too excited at how quickly club 18 may come along! Yeh he brought in Dolphins, for no money, and we've yet to see how that decision pans out in regards to if they were the right choice for Brisbane2.

I mean Gallop brought in an extra club. Not sure we are applauding him? lol

Wb1234

Referee
Why the f**k would any games be taken to NSO when the NSW Government has just spent millions of dollars on Sydney Football Stadium, Parramatta Stadium, Brookvale and Penrith Football Stadium?

It's like using an old thunderbox that has shit all over it and infested with cockroaches after building 3 state of the art shithouses that have a seat warmer, bidot and air conditioning.
The Queensland govt spent hundreds of millions on Suncorp they don’t care the new brisbane team isn’t playing all their games there

it’s like literally two games lmao

this argument is a stretch even for you

Wb1234

Referee
We've been talking about 18 clubs for over a decade. Lets not get too excited at how quickly club 18 may come along! Yeh he brought in Dolphins, for no money, and we've yet to see how that decision pans out in regards to if they were the right choice for Brisbane2.

I mean Gallop brought in an extra club. Not sure we are applauding him? lol
The dolphins are going to be one of the richest nrl clubs from day one

I think they will be ok

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Queensland govt spent hundreds of millions on Suncorp they don’t care the new brisbane team isn’t playing all their games there

it’s like literally two games lmao

this argument is a stretch even for you
Its all about nostalgia though, not commercial reality. I mean if the rivalry is that great and the fans gagging for it as much as is claimed surely playing West Coast Bears v Manly at the new SFS on a Sunday afternoon and aiming for 25k plus and more corporate sales makes more sense than at a 16k outdated park ground with little corporate facility? Oh but its Sydney, where its all about tribalism lol.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The dolphins are going to be one of the richest nrl clubs from day one

I think they will be ok
I'm more interested about how engaging of the Brisbane public they will be and how they will grow the game than how much their pokies and supermarket are earning.

Wb1234

Referee
I'm more interested about how engaging of the Brisbane public they will be and how they will grow the game than how much their pokies and supermarket are earning.
You talk about them like they are a new club in Brisbane

the broncos were never going to allow another club in the cbd this is the best compromise

eventually they will get a 35k stadium at Redcliffe and they will shift their imo

Wb1234

Referee
Its all about nostalgia though, not commercial reality. I mean if the rivalry is that great and the fans gagging for it as much as is claimed surely playing West Coast Bears v Manly at the new SFS on a Sunday afternoon and aiming for 25k plus and more corporate sales makes more sense than at a 16k outdated park ground with little corporate facility? Oh but its Sydney, where its all about tribalism lol.
Corporate wise yes it makes more sense

nso won’t cost much to rent though and manly fans won’t travel to the sfs in numbers where’s nso will be sold out and have a better atmosphere

Perth Red

Post Whore
Corporate wise yes it makes more sense

nso won’t cost much to rent though and manly fans won’t travel to the sfs in numbers where’s nso will be sold out and have a better atmosphere
Can’t be much of a rivallary if they won’t go an extra 8km for a state of the art stadium lol
the club would be throwing away potentially $400k plus in ticket sales plus corporate spend just for a bit of nostalgia. Or maybe the manly v bears game can’t draw 25k in which case it’s just another tribalism myth to go along with the others.

Wb1234

Referee
Can’t be much of a rivallary if they won’t go an extra 8km for a state of the art stadium lol
the club would be throwing away potentially $400k plus in ticket sales plus corporate spend just for a bit of nostalgia. Or maybe the manly v bears game can’t draw 25k in which case it’s just another tribalism myth to go along with the others.
Yep it’s all a myth. You’ve convinced me with this astounding logic