What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

final say

Juniors
Spot on. Fact us we can't take anything as gospel unless & until we see the official announcement from the NRL itself.

Reports, rumors, hints, suggestions & assumptions make media content.. good clickbait & excellent material for internet forums, but you can't say anything is certain from that... just degrees of likelihood.
I wouldn't even say degrees of likelihood. It's pure bs.
The Bears look to be doing a deal with WA - that looks to be fact. They then just ignorantly state that they are now team 18 in 2027. There's zero chance that could be possibly known- absolutely zero, so much zero as only a week ago the NRL don't know when what or who but will be accepting formal proposals to be received in a month.
Not even the NRL will know for probably 2 months, they will accept the bids in a month, probably take at least a month to assess them.

Bs tweet. The reason I deleted the brain dead bs app.

flippikat

Bench
The Bears look to be doing a deal with WA - that looks to be fact. They then just ignorantly state that they are now team 18 in 2027. There's zero chance that could be possibly known- absolutely zero, so much zero as only a week ago the NRL don't know when what or who but will be accepting formal proposals to be received in a month.
Not even the NRL will know for probably 2 months, they will accept the bids in a month, probably take at least a month to assess them.

Yeah, so much media hype & click bait- right?

But that's the way the entertainment industry works - gossip, rumour, hearsay, some kinda "inside story" SELLS - it always has.

The thing about the whole bidding process that the NRL has launched is that it provides TONS of grist for the media to grind down, regurgitate, publish stories about "what's really happening behind closed doors", etc etc etc.

This is a double-edged sword - the positive it that is sucks oxygen away from other sports coverage.. but the negative is that we could get so much media bs, repetition, speculation & (sometimes) just plain making crap up when there's little actual fact to run stories on.

MugaB

Coach
If the whole process has taught me anything, it's to take any reports, whispers, rumors or hearsay with a good sense of skepticism & patience, pending the official statement confirming a decision.

(As Carl Sagan once said "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".)

I await any official announcement from the NRL itself.

It's looking very likely, but I can't overlook the little chance some random spanner in the works will make things go astray.
Bids are meant to be handed by end of JULY, it's only the 4th of July (my bday hehe)
So yeah guns been jumped somewhat, but news of them as a merger bid sounds good

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
You could start another exciting thread about it!
Can't wait to hear your riveting "thoughts"
So I can reply ad say graciously and politely that you can "F**k right off" sorry this was meant for milhouse... I'll copy paste it next time, he pops his troll head again

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench
Bids are meant to be handed by end of JULY, it's only the 4th of July (my day hehe)
So yeah guns been jumped somewhat, but news of them as a merger bid sounds good
One of the latest things I've heard (I think it was on Reddit) was that the NRL are supposedly putting a "gag order" on bid syndicates.

Now I dunno details beyond that, or even if it’s true - some kinda confidentiality makes sense... BUT it won't stop the media buzzing around this.

MugaB

Coach
One of the latest things I've heard (I think it was on Reddit) was that the NRL are supposedly putting a "gag order" on bid syndicates.

Now I dunno details beyond that, or even if it’s true - some kinda confidentiality makes sense... BUT it won't stop the media buzzing around this.
They did similar will the dolphins, which is why when you hear last minute articles of fear of afl on our doorstep propaganda BS from other bids, or last minute scramble to change tact that's when you know they are done, well done to singo for just telling it like it is, no grasping at straws

MugaB

Coach
The Central Coast Bears were never getting an NRL licence.

You said they were getting the 18th licence. The Sydney media said the same thing. You were wrong. They were wrong.

We don't even know if PNG will get one of the next three licences. Their admission is dependent on approval from the majority of the 17 NRL clubs, NSWRL and QRL. The RLPA won't support it. No one will want to relocate to Port Moresby because it's a horrible place to live. Whenever you're confronted with these inconvenient facts you make the bullshit claim that V'landys always gets what he wants, even though it's been pointed out to you that many of his insane ideas he's pushed have failed to see the light of day.

Remember V'landys' claim about a Pasifika team based in Cairns and playing games in Fiji, PNG, Samoa and Tonga?

He kept rambling about that until the PNG and Aus Gov told him to get f**ked. He's now walked back his rhetoric by saying a PNG team won't go ahead unless it is signed off by the other 17 clubs and Aus Gov. It's patently obvious he has serious doubts about PNG and is creating as much distance as he can without admitting he f**ked up.

Would you and MugaB want to live in Port Moresby?

I'm being realistic about PNG. No one with a brain thinks PNG will work.

You live in a fantasy world and are biased.

You're always painting the ARL as benevolent expansionists who were unfairly betrayed by Reds and Cowboys. You've been shown the facts from people who were at the Cowboys in 1995. You ignore these facts because they punch holes in the narrative you've created about the "poor" ARL.

Just accept that not everything is as black and white like you want to believe.

If the Sydney media said Glebe are coming back you would believe it.
The arlc aren't the same people on the commission, like the ones from ARL that you are comparing them too, it's been 3 decades donks... do the math, it's a sydney based comp, that grew into a somewhat national one, it was always gonna get messy

RedVee

First Grade

Yep, I assume the Bears brand, pathways and some dollars will be equated to a percentage of ownership?

From a SGI fans perspective my advice would be: please not a 50/50 arrangement.

Ma

Maybe someone in Perth could enlighten me with how many junior league clubs/Nurseries does WA have and for me what is percentage of Polynesian league players are there compared to other codes.
The reason I'm asking this is purely from a fans and nursery perspective.
The Warriors were very successful in their entry into the Australian Rugby League's expansion because in the 90's a lot of Kiwi's swamped Australia in search for work and we suited their lifestyle....food beer and footy.
Their success was guaranteed even if that meant playing all their games in Oz....that theory was supported during the COVID period.
To be a successful franchise you have to have more than $.
A big hurdle will be to convince schools and parents to establish a pathway system and secondly play only major games there plus a magic Rd.
The rest of the games could be taken to Nth Sydney Oval and central Coast for logistical reasons.
As soon as the support base grows on the east coast it can then increase the amount of Perth games.
NRLWA has twelve clubs in the Perth metropolitan region and another 16 in regional WA. There's also one on Christmas Island and another on Cocos Island.

Oooofffttttttt
The NSL was closed down due to racism from fans of Croatian-based clubs.

A year or two ago a Croatian-themed called Sydney United made the FFA Australia Cup final. Eight of its fans made fascist salutes.

Sydney United 58 FC have been fined $15,000 and face possible bans from future competitions after a Football Australia investigation found fans behaved in a “deeply offensive” manner at last month’s Australia Cup final.

The first second-tier outfit to reach the competition’s decider, United faced immediate public scrutiny after some fans chanted songs with fascist links, booed during the Welcome To Country and performed Nazi salutes during the 2-0 loss to A-League Men side Macarthur FC.

Eight fans of United, formerly known as Sydney Croatia, were thrown out of CommBank Stadium on 1 October, with FA later banning two for life for performing fascist salutes.

Nutz

Bench
NRLWA has twelve clubs in the Perth metropolitan region and another 16 in regional WA. There's also one on Christmas Island and another on Cocos Island.

Save me some surfing braincells GROT-D but how does that measure up regarding number and participation of anyone involved in the game over there including spectators compared with say Ipswich, Central Coast North Sydney.
Something tells me that those 28 clubs wouldn't hold up if there wasn't a money being thrown around, I don't think that would be a prob.
The game is suited for TV, providing they could attract some big crowds and there was enough quality players to spread around 18 clubs then a slow build may work.
Atm clubs are struggling to fill a roster with several marquee players to keep the scorelines close. The more clubs means the need for bigger and better Nurseries. Even with that, poor club management can still stuff it up eg WT and the Macarthur region, they should be title contenders by now. 🤪

Wb1234

Referee
The NSL was closed down due to racism from fans of Croatian-based clubs.

A year or two ago a Croatian-themed called Sydney United made the FFA Australia Cup final. Eight of its fans made fascist salutes.

Sydney United 58 FC have been fined $15,000 and face possible bans from future competitions after a Football Australia investigation found fans behaved in a “deeply offensive” manner at last month’s Australia Cup final.​
The first second-tier outfit to reach the competition’s decider, United faced immediate public scrutiny after some fans chanted songs with fascist links, booed during the Welcome To Country and performed Nazi salutes during the 2-0 loss to A-League Men side Macarthur FC.​
Eight fans of United, formerly known as Sydney Croatia, were thrown out of CommBank Stadium on 1 October, with FA later banning two for life for performing fascist salutes.​
He shouldn’t have called you a racist but he’s a good egg

and well aware of what you posted above some have carried over to the wanderers