What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Bukowski

Juniors
I'm not a big fan of having a jersey for WA fans and another jersey for norths fans. As a tigers fan I've never liked that they play in Orange at Leichhardt and black at campbo. It just confirms that it's not one club.
I'm a fan of jerseys for one club that you wear whenever and wherever. They need to unite the fan base.

MugaB

Coach
I'm not a big fan of having a jersey for WA fans and another jersey for norths fans. As a tigers fan I've never liked that they play in Orange at Leichhardt and black at campbo. It just confirms that it's not one club.
I'm a fan of jerseys for one club that you wear whenever and wherever. They need to unite the fan base.
That's fair enough, but this is a unique case, and the tigers are dealing with actual merger, western bears isn't doing that, but Perth needs a home jersey that's defines them as the new team and that of WA, and the away has to represent what the bears were, thats the selling point of getting them onboard,
West Tigers never had that, they are a mess, coz the rich part of the two (WESTS) think they need to be the home jersey (a black magpie) which hurts them coz the actual brand is the poorer balmain...
Which no tigers team were ever wearing black,
Tigers should be in Orange/Gold... white away..
Leave the Black(& White V)for a heritage...
If your club is a merger, the mascot is the selling point, there are white tigers, and Orange tigers

Bukowski

Juniors
That's fair enough, but this is a unique case, and the tigers are dealing with actual merger, western bears isn't doing that, but Perth needs a home jersey that's defines them as the new team and that of WA, and the away has to represent what the bears were, thats the selling point of getting them onboard,
West Tigers never had that, they are a mess, coz the rich part of the two (WESTS) think they need to be the home jersey (a black magpie) which hurts them coz the actual brand is the poorer balmain...
Which no tigers team were ever wearing black,
Tigers should be in Orange/Gold... white away..
Leave the Black(& White V)for a heritage...
If your club is a merger, the mascot is the selling point, there are white tigers, and Orange tigers
I'm not against 2 jerseys but why couldn't the norths one be worn in Perth? Or vice versa. They would be falling into the trap of trying to appease 2 sets of fans but a club should only have 1 set of fans.
If you divide them over something like this then they will stay divided.

MugaB

Coach
I'm not against 2 jerseys but why couldn't the norths one be worn in Perth? Or vice versa. They would be falling into the trap of trying to appease 2 sets of fans but a club should only have 1 set of fans.
It can, but it's better used as the away, as more games away are in Sydney, why wear something that doesn't resemble what the bears designs were famous for when away? I'm totally fine to see them in both too, but there's a good chance to do something new an unique for WA

Perth Red

Post Whore
yep totally agree.
Home shirt should be the one that is the Western Bears iconic brand, the alternate gets worn when playing clubs who also have a dark colour home shirt when we play away. I get the red and black should be away due to ns fans but thats when the team we are playing will be in their home kit and we may need a light alternate. In which case its either predominantly white or predominantly yellow. But yellow looks horrible as a main colour.

what we need to avoid is ending up with a wishy washy Titans esq jersey brand in the attempt to appease everyone.

Perth Red

Post Whore
This would be the other home option, to go much more black. Throw some yellow on this and it wouldnt be a bad home jersey. You still need a light alternate though.

1724375256443.png

MugaB

Coach
This would be the other home option, to go much more black. Throw some yellow on this and it wouldnt be a bad home jersey. You still need a light alternate though.

View attachment 92896
That's a really good home jersey, it's predominantly black and isn't the classic heritage, which could be also used in reverse for those special games, leaving the away as a possible mixture version of these 3 designs predominantly red/white with black shorts
NS 1998 CLAW.pngNS 1993lb.pngWR 1995lb.png
Side note I would love to see the return of the Western Reds shorts, with the quarter Sun emblem

Last edited: