What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Nutz

Bench
They've already stated its "WESTERN" for an ode to the past Western reds, that "Western' stands for Western Australia... they want to be bigger than just the city of perth, as for colors... norths are red, black and white, and it's one of there non negotiables, aswell as the branding of thier mascot being the bear... They've said they'll add a trim of yellow to reflect WA,
Just like Canberra did for ACT (blue/gold) aswell as the dolphins do for QLD... etc
Fair enough, Western v Western sounds like fun. Can't wait for Wests Moresby to get introduced too because it sounds like names don't mean anything.
I'm looking fwd to getting into my ol HD and drive across the Nullarbor to watch the battle of the West.
What's wrong with the Perth Bears like we have the Brisbane Broncos Melbourne Storm etc.

MugaB

Coach
What's wrong with the Perth Bears like we have the Brisbane Broncos Melbourne Storm etc.
They don't want to be just Perth...
Think of New Zealand WARRIORS...
...Maybe they should have been called Western Australia Bears really

Besides Wests Tigers are the issue, not this new team, why call an inner West Sydney team, just "WESTS".. use it as a nickname ffs... like South Sydney Rabbitohs do

Nutz

Bench
They don't want to be just Perth...
Think of New Zealand WARRIORS...
...Maybe they should have been called Western Australia Bears really

Besides Wests Tigers are the issue, not this new team, why call an inner West Sydney team, just "WESTS".. use it as a nickname ffs... like South Sydney Rabbitohs do
Ha ha. I actually don't give a shitters about Wests, I follow the Tigers.
I'm just being an obstructionist wanting WA to put some serious thought into naming the new team because as you quiet rightly pointed out, once you name the team then that's it.
Are you a Western Bears Supporter Muga?

MugaB

Coach
Ha ha. I actually don't give a shitters about Wests, I follow the Tigers.
I'm just being an obstructionist wanting WA to put some serious thought into naming the new team because as you quiet rightly pointed out, once you name the team then that's it.
Are you a Western Bears Supporter Muga?
I am a RL supporter, especially an expansionist. More teams mean more revenue and we become the no.1 code in the region... I'm also a Penrith supporter

Nutz

Bench
I am a RL supporter, especially an expansionist. More teams mean more revenue and we become the no.1 code in the region... I'm also a Penrith supporter
I know who you support mate ;)
A lot of stuff you write makes sense, unlike me, I'm an old Tigers boy and I'm very wary of expansion. I get gut feelings and usually I'm right. I'm very good at predicting things. For some reason I feel uneasy about this but that doesn't mean I'm against it, I'm actually for it.
My advice is simple, "the KISS" method usually works with every plan.