What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Vlad59

Bench
The Sydney centrics really are ramping up their brain dead bias now. So the NRL is really just an extended NSWRL? If you want to understand why our game has struggled to expand beyond its traditional base it’s all there in front of you. These peanuts find any reason to disparage the Storm and insist that Perth must rely on a failed old second division Sydney club to justify its entry. They lie about participation and growth in these States. On and on it goes. Good old rugby league. Greatest game ever but inhabited by gutless administrators and too many narrow minded supporters to ever reach its true potential.

MugaB

Coach
The Sydney centrics really are ramping up their brain dead bias now. So the NRL is really just an extended NSWRL? If you want to understand why our game has struggled to expand beyond its traditional base it’s all there in front of you. These peanuts find any reason to disparage the Storm and insist that Perth must rely on a failed old second division Sydney club to justify its entry. They lie about participation and growth in these States. On and on it goes. Good old rugby league. Greatest game ever but inhabited by gutless administrators and too many narrow minded supporters to ever reach its true potential.
Take it easy grotd

• Haha
Reactions: Vee

Iamback

Coach
Take it easy grotd

He has been off his meds lately. Peter Beattie only cares about old Sydney relics not what is best for expansion

Facts are NRL offical recognises the NSWRL clubs in its records.

Dolphins were created as a new club so aren't

Bears depending on their setup will either count Norths or not.

No different to when a US sport team moves and the record goes with them

Perth Red

Post Whore
Who knows better those in an office is Brisbane or Sydney or those on the ground in Newcastle and Townsville?
why not both? State head office sets strategy and allocates funding,
grassroots clubs on the ground follow the strategy and use the allocate funds to grow the inr participation rates. If we are just leaving it to nrl clubs to get kids playing the game what about the vast majority of geographic areas that don’t have an nrl club?

Perth Red

Post Whore
So you'd have no problem with head office deciding where the Bears have to spend their development money?
Again people get mixed up. Wb mentioned number of kids playing the game.
We arent talking about elite pathway programs, which are very much the remit of the nrl clubs. But they in reality are a tiny % of the number of kids playing the game and do not influence the number of kids taking up the game.

Iamback

Coach
why not both? State head office sets strategy and allocates funding,
grassroots clubs on the ground follow the strategy and use the allocate funds to grow the inr participation rates. If we are just leaving it to nrl clubs to get kids playing the game what about the vast majority of geographic areas that don’t have an nrl club?

Because of the extra layer of admin required for starters.

Again you think NRL clubs don't go outside of their areas?

Iamback

Coach
Again people get mixed up. Wb mentioned number of kids playing the game.
We arent talking about elite pathway programs, which are very much the remit of the nrl clubs. But they in reality are a tiny % of the number of kids playing the game and do not influence the number of kids taking up the game.

Most areas junior numbers have gone up. Those who haven't have issues outside of RL and throwing cash at it won't stop kids parents moving away for work for example

Vlad59

Bench
He has been off his meds lately. Peter Beattie only cares about old Sydney relics not what is best for expansion

Facts are NRL offical recognises the NSWRL clubs in its records.

Dolphins were created as a new club so aren't

Bears depending on their setup will either count Norths or not.

No different to when a US sport team moves and the record goes with them
Off my meds hey? I see the game from a national perspective. You see it from a Sydney perspective. No meds required. Just common sense. One only has to look at how poorly the game had been treated outside its old markets to know why participation is so poor outside those markets. Instead morons here blame the neglected states for the lack of growth. Tell me I’m wrong and tell me why.

Vlad59

Bench
Welcome to our competition

hope you can produce players and not be a bludger like Melbourne
That’s a mighty big chip you carry on those narrow shoulders. All those recreational drugs you told us you took really have numbed your brain.

Vlad59

Bench
He's not wrong but he's an old man shouting at clouds.

Done that a few times myself.
I’m right. And yes I’m shouting at the clouds. The damage was done for decades by pure neglect. Now we have dick wads here blaming the ‘affiliated states’ for a lack of development and participation they were never funded to deliver. Highly amusing.

Iamback

Coach
Off my meds hey? I see the game from a national perspective. You see it from a Sydney perspective. No meds required. Just common sense. One only has to look at how poorly the game had been treated outside its old markets to know why participation is so poor outside those markets. Instead morons here blame the neglected states for the lack of growth. Tell me I’m wrong and tell me why.

This is from the NRL website

Ken Irvine has never played a single NRL game.

As a Sharks fan you would know that ET also hasn't scored 166 NRL tries.

The game recognises the NSWRL records because the game came from there

The 300 gamer list again is full of guys pre NRL

Attachments

• IMG_2990.png
    IMG_2990.png
    180.1 KB · Views: 0

Vlad59

Bench

Wooppee

Wb1234

Immortal

Need to wipe off all those broncos comps pre 95 it’s Sydney centric to include them

when they were playing in the nswrl comp

Wb1234

Immortal
AFL wastes hundreds of millions on juniors and is stilll struggling for players

nrl is the opposite

we are lucky we have leagues clubs who fund much of the junior development allowing head office to instead build up its asset base and fund clubs to five million over the cap

clubs are the ones who develop actual nrl players unlike afl where there is a draft

participation numbers are just bs and are basically useless

Latest posts