What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Centy Coast

Juniors
Don’t worry in a week or two you will have something to be happier about than … let’s be honest … a meaningless trophy

I posted a map of clubs areas in Sydney on the crowds thread and the bears area is amongst the biggest in Sydney

And that’s not even talking about the money their area has

Here’s some of d.fairleigh talking about the bears demise to James graham

The video before talks about super league
Great interview, I have known Dave since we were kids, I played with Wyong and Dave played in the age under with Ourimbah in Steve Carters (Penrith) age group.
Both my sons played at Ourimbah, I coached there and was President there for six years.
Dave would come down and help train the boys some times when he was available.

IMG_6020.jpeg

Perth Red

Post Whore
THE KNOCK-ON EFFECT NSW CUP TEAM OF THE YEAR
1. Jake Toby (North Sydney Bears)

2. Savelio Tamale (St George Illawarra Dragons)*
3. James Schiller (Canberra Raiders)
4. Tyrone Peachey (Penrith Panthers)
5. Watson Heleta (Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles)
6. Will Pryce (Newcastle Knights)*
7. Adam Cook (Canberra Raiders)
8. Kurt De Luis (North Sydney Bears)
9. Jayden Berrell (Newtown Jets)*
10. Jordan Grant (Penrith Panthers)
11. Jacob Laban (Warriors)*
12. Billy Burns (Newtown Jets)
13. Hohepa Puru (Canberra Raiders)
*Denotes NRL debut in 2024

View attachment 94823
Its a shame Kurt and Josh Rogers arent a few years younger. Would have been two good 'local' signings for the Western bears.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Great interview, I have known Dave since we were kids, I played with Wyong and Dave played in the age under with Ourimbah in Steve Carters (Penrith) age group.
Both my sons played at Ourimbah, I coached there and was President there for six years.
Dave would come down and help train the boys some times when he was available.

View attachment 94829
I've known Davo since we were in the maternity ward together. He says he doesn't know who you are and to return his underwear you stole off his clothes line.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Its a shame Kurt and Josh Rogers arent a few years younger. Would have been two good 'local' signings for the Western bears.
Josh Rogers’ younger brother Darius was the ISC halfback of the year this season, Rogers was selected in the initial WA CAS squad but wasn’t in the final squad of 20
Rogers may play against the touring English residents team in a few weeks.

IMG_5900.jpeg

Jimmy Wiggle

Juniors
Josh Rogers’ younger brother Darius was the ISC halfback of the year this season, Rogers was selected in the initial WA CAS squad but wasn’t in the final squad of 20
Rogers may play against the touring English residents team in a few weeks.

View attachment 94836

He was ruled out of the touring squad with illness. He won’t be playing against the English, he’ll be over east getting ready for next season

jim_57

Staff member
I wonder if any of the young WA talent will move over to NS for next year? be good for our WA best to be in HM, SG ball and Flegg asap.

Do the Bears plan to rejoin Flegg?

Should also be aiming for at least one Perth based side in the NSW or QLD junior comps by 2027.

QRL U16s is 7 weeks & U18s is 11 weeks, plus finals. NSWRL U17s & U19s are 9 weeks each plus finals. A couple ‘West Coast Cubs’ teams in either system should be achievable by the end of the decade if they’re serious.