What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Do the Bears plan to rejoin Flegg?

Should also be aiming for at least one Perth based side in the NSW or QLD junior comps by 2027.

QRL U16s is 7 weeks & U18s is 11 weeks, plus finals. NSWRL U17s & U19s are 9 weeks each plus finals. A couple ‘West Coast Cubs’ teams in either system should be achievable by the end of the decade if they’re serious.
Having sides in Cyril Connell and Mal Meninga Cups is logical to me. I’ve been beating the sound of that drum for months now.

Norths in NSW, WA in QLD. Talent gets to face the best talent of the same age in both states.

Wb1234

Immortal

Should also be aiming for at least one Perth based side in the NSW or QLD junior comps by 2027.

QRL U16s is 7 weeks & U18s is 11 weeks, plus finals. NSWRL U17s & U19s are 9 weeks each plus finals. A couple ‘West Coast Cubs’ teams in either system should be achievable by the end of the decade if they’re serious.
Good question where they host the nsw cup side

Assuming you want continuity all your best players together it should be one team

Would that be in Sydney or Perth

jim_57

Staff member
Having sides in Cyril Connell and Mal Meninga Cups is logical to me. I’ve been beating the sound of that drum for months now.

Norths in NSW, WA in QLD. Talent gets to face the best talent of the same age in both states.

That would make sense, having all 4 covering U16 to U19 feeding in to Jersey Flegg and/or a Perth based NRL under 20s if/when that returns.

WA sides will probably be cannon fodder for a while but get the ball rolling straight away. With a local NRL team I’d imagine more Union juniors might be tempted.

jim_57

Staff member
Good question where they host the nsw cup side

Assuming you want continuity all your best players together it should be one team

Would that be in Sydney or Perth

Eventually reserves probably need to be based in Perth whether it be NSW Cup, QLD Cup or NRL reserve grade. Although Storm & Cowboys make do but Perth to Sydney is more of a logistical challenge.

Perth Red

Post Whore

I’d expect us to be back in sg ball and maybe flegg by 2027,

Perth Red

Post Whore

Why? Qlnd is further to fly and geographically spread out a lot more than the Sydney comps. Logistically and financially nsw comps make more sense.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Why? Qlnd is further to fly and geographically spread out a lot more than the Sydney comps. Logistically and financially nsw comps make more sense.
Extra 15 mins of flight time isn’t going to kill them. Prices are relatively the same. Sometimes cheaper to Brisbane.

Kids will be all the better for it. Running 2 sides in HM and SG is normal - see Dragons/Steelers & Tigers/Magpies but once they hit JF it’ll just be one team.

I like the idea of having teams in NSW and QLD.

Latest posts