What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
At the least Perth needs to run a separate nsw cup side based in Perth
What happens once JF age hits and it can only be one side? Why can’t they run a team in QLD and Norths run one in NSW?

Why is it ok for Fiji to run a team in JF but not ok for WA to run one in QLD? Why is it ok for Storm to have SG and JF sides in NSW with players who don’t make those teams sent to QLD but WA can’t just run a side in QLD instead of sending the kids to other clubs?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Best of WA juniors at HM and SG Ball age into Norths HM & SG sides.

Next best WA Juniors who don’t make HM or SG rep teams into CC & MM sides.

Best of both at JF age go into JF.

The lot below those stay in WA comp.

Not that hard to grasp champ. You want a diagram or something a bit more colourful to help you?

For a bloke who likes to frequently criticise the opinions of others, you sure do have incredibly little to actually add. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an actual opinion from you in all this time. Just a lot of dismissal.

Tell us why it’s a bad idea and what better idea you have to keep developing players at elite levels for their comparative age groups? Keeping in mind you need to cater for both WA juniors and Norths junior simultaneously. Go!
Ready, 'champ'.

Ideal scenario: WA doesn't have a bar of the bears because they are a failure of a club with delusional, and in your case very irrationally angry, supporters.

Unfortunately the NRL and the Perth bid have been duped into this arrangement.

It's a bad idea because wtf has Queensland got to do with the North Shore/Central Coast or Perth? If this ridiculous link up is going to occur at least have the players playing in nsw.

This is your worst idea since the days when you thought a few people signing a petition outside McDonalds was going to bring the bears back.

Wb1234

Immortal
What happens once JF age hits and it can only be one side? Why can’t they run a team in QLD and Norths run one in NSW?

Why is it ok for Fiji to run a team in JF but not ok for WA to run one in QLD? Why is it ok for Storm to have SG and JF sides in NSW with players who don’t make those teams sent to QLD but WA can’t just run a side in QLD instead of sending the kids to other clubs?
Yeh my bad I meant qld cup for the wa based reserve grade side

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Ready, 'champ'.

Ideal scenario: WA doesn't have a bar of the bears because they are a failure of a club with delusional, and in your case very irrationally angry, supporters.

Unfortunately the NRL and the Perth bid have been duped into this arrangement.

It's a bad idea because wtf has Queensland got to do with the North Shore/Central Coast or Perth? If this ridiculous link up is going to occur at least have the players playing in nsw.

This is your worst idea since the days when you thought a few people signing a petition outside McDonalds was going to bring the bears back.
So you have no actual suggestions just more criticism. You still don’t solve the issue of what happens to the players not selected for HM, SG and JF that will be too good for the WA comp until such time the WA comp gets to a level needed.

Why should those players development be stunted? Because you think QLD has nothing to do with this? News flash. There’s already a presence and connection to all of this in QLD Comp.

Can you even think for yourself champ?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So you have no actual suggestions just more criticism.

Can you even think for yourself champ?
Can you 'champ'?

If there is a link up between two states you play in those areas, not take it to a completely different state competition.

Then at least the bears 12 NSW based supporters can watch the juniors play at norf Sydney hovel.

It's not that difficult 'champ'.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Can you 'champ'?

If there is a link up between two states you play in those areas, not take it to a completely different state competition.

Then at least the bears 12 NSW based supporters can watch the juniors play at norf Sydney hovel.

It's not that difficult 'champ'.
Considering you’re the one replying to my opinions and thoughts yes I can. You have none though, just criticism without actual opinions. So again I ask can you even think for yourself champ?

You keep hammering this notion that you have where you think that there are no supporters. I guess you think people just handed jerseys to homeless and that’s where the magical support comes from? Randoms have been making noise for 25 years from the grave or burner accounts in Cuba? f**k outta here. You know you’re wrong and just shit talking, at least admit to it.

Secondly how’s this any different to Hunters in QLD or Fiji in NSW? Outside of having teams in two comps. It’s still an outside the state team competing in another state comp. Just at junior level as opposed to senior level re: Hunters. If the resources are there and it can be maintained for a decade then do it for the benefit of the junior development.

Having kids play against the best of their age is not a bad thing. Having kids not even given an opportunity is though.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Considering you’re the one replying to my opinions and thoughts yes I can. You have none though, just criticism without actual opinions. So again I ask can you even think for yourself champ?

You keep hammering this notion that you have where you think that there are no supporters. I guess you think people just handed jerseys to homeless and that’s where the magical support comes from? Randoms have been making noise for 25 years from the grave or burner accounts in Cuba? f**k outta here. You know you’re wrong and just shit talking, at least admit to it.

Secondly how’s this any different to Hunters in QLD or Fiji in NSW? Outside of having teams in two comps. It’s still an outside the state team competing in another state comp. Just at junior level as opposed to senior level re: Hunters. If the resources are there and it can be maintained for a decade then do it for the benefit of the junior development.

Having kids play against the best of their age is not a bad thing. Having kids not even given an opportunity is though.
I think I'll get my advice on all things rugby league from someone other than a petition writing lunatic. The bears will fail yet again if you're an example of their supporters.

And how do you propose to pay for all this? Car boot sale at norf Sydney hovel?

Perth Red

Post Whore
What id like to see eventually

HM Ball - Western Bears and NSFC (at least until WA's local comp is at a much higher standard at that age group)
SG Ball - Western Bears and NSFC
Flegg - Western bears and NSFC
NSW cup/reserve grade - Western Bears based in Perth

I dont think a partnership with a QRL club is out of the question but that should be for emerging Qlnd talent flowing into Western bears opportunity, not for WA kids to have to travel or live there, that defeats the point of a Perth club.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
I think I'll get my advice on all things rugby league from someone other than a petition writing lunatic. The bears will fail yet again if you're an example of their supporters.

Yawn champ.

More nonsense from the bloke who can’t think for himself.

Wb1234

Immortal

HM Ball - Western Bears and NSFC (at least until WA's local comp is at a much higher standard at that age group)

I dont think a partnership with a QRL club is out of the question but that should be for emerging Qlnd talent flowing into Western bears opportunity, not for WA kids to have to travel or live there, that defeats the point of a Perth club.
Exactly how I would have it

Perth in the qld cup with norths in nsw cup as a feeder is also good

Effectively two reserve grade sides for better depth with the best Perth players in qld (but nsw cup is a higher standard)
Cup

Red&BlackBear

First Grade

There won’t be 2 JF clubs. Unless something changes, it’ll be one side. See Tigers, See Dragons.

That delicate age of almost reserve grade/ boys competing against men needs to be catered for.

I also view this as conceding there won’t be enough young talent in WA to fill more than 20 spots in HM & SG age for the WB. Remember there’s still Norths juniors to service and develop as well. The kids outside the top 20 in HM & SG age need somewhere to go unless you’re confident they’ll get the same development staying in WA playing against WA junior clubs. Right here, right now it’s not producing a resource pool as it is.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There won’t be 2 JF clubs. Unless something changes, it’ll be one side. See Tigers, See Dragons.

That delicate age of almost reserve grade/ boys competing against men needs to be catered for.

I also view this as conceding there won’t be enough young talent in WA to fill more than 20 spots in HM & SG age for the WB. Remember there’s still Norths juniors to service and develop as well. The kids outside the top 20 in HM & SG age need somewhere to go unless you’re confident they’ll get the same development staying in WA playing against WA junior clubs. Right here, right now it’s not producing a resource pool as it is.
40 elite kids playing across two sides at all age levels will be enough to feed the WBears, throw in potentially a QRL club link up and there's our pathways.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
40 elite kids playing across two sides at all age levels will be enough to feed the WBears, throw in potentially a QRL club link up and there's our pathways.
I see it more like 60.

40 from WA for specific age group. 20 from Norths catchment for specific age group.

I just want the best for this franchise and club. I want it to work and work well. Top to bottom. Management to first graders all the way to under 14’s.

What old mate fails to grasp is I/we have interest in this. He doesn’t and never will have. It’s not his club. So ideas people might see as silly, they’re not because there’s an explainable and logical reason behind it to get the best out the resource pool that’s available whilst simultaneously growing it.

wb2027

Juniors

Which Bear hurt you champ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Killing off a ns bears nsw cup side isn’t a good look
Its relocating it :)

I don't think it will happen for a few years but it doesn't make much sense to run your reserve grade in another state. It may be there is two but that becomes a costly exercise. I guess if Norths are happy to keep funding the NSFC then it isnt such an issue. How the Western Bears farms out players to it and how the logistics of call ups etc will work with the distance and time zones involved time will tell.

It may be that the NSW Bears fanbase no longer feels the need for a nsw cup side if they are on board supporting the Western Bears?

Latest posts