What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Vlad59

Bench
The board should have zero North Sydney representation.

You know that they will try and get more than 1 game at norf Sydney hovel. I have no doubt that V'landys and the ARLC are up to the deviance and trickery of the bears so it won't happen but still it would be suicidal for this new club to have the stink of North Sydney failure on them before they enter the competition. The bears logo is a bad enough symbol of failure as it is.
Careful mate. He’ll call you ‘champ’!

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
The board should have zero North Sydney representation.

You know that they will try and get more than 1 game at norf Sydney hovel. I have no doubt that V'landys and the ARLC are up to the deviance and trickery of the bears so it won't happen but still it would be suicidal for this new club to have the stink of North Sydney failure on them before they enter the competition. The bears logo is a bad enough symbol of failure as it is.
There will be 0 Norths representation on the Western Bears board and that’s fine. That’s nothing new. It’s known information. No one here is kicking up dust over it. So not sure why you even bother bringing it up, again.

Board news is in relation to ARLC implementing oversight over Western Bears board either as a direct channel in having a member sit on said board or as a line to pass critical decisions by; before actioning. I wasn’t told how it would play out but I also didn’t ask.

However as I’ve said multiple times on here, there will eventually be Bears people on the board in some capacity down the line. Commercially minded people with fresh ideas, astute business acumen and most importantly, financial investment. None of these people would have had any prior dealings as part of previous Norths corporate set up in any way or shape. Again, a good thing.

Vlad59

Bench
There will be 0 Norths representation on the Western Bears board and that’s fine. That’s nothing new. It’s known information. No one here is kicking up dust over it. So not sure why you even bother bringing it up, again.

Board news is in relation to ARLC implementing oversight over Western Bears board either as a direct channel in having a member sit on said board or as a line to pass critical decisions by; before actioning. I wasn’t told how it would play out but I also didn’t ask.

However as I’ve said multiple times on here, there will eventually be Bears people on the board in some capacity down the line. Commercially minded people with fresh ideas, astute business acumen and most importantly, financial investment. None of these people would have had any prior dealings as part of previous Norths corporate set up in any way or shape. Again, a good thing.
Parasites hanging on for dear life feeding off the hard work of others? Sounds right.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Parasites hanging on for dear life feeding off the hard work of others? Sounds right.
Yes, the last 25 years and money spent in active re-entry doesn’t constitute as hard work. Righto old man.

Look I know you’re dumb and I know your memory is waning but even you can’t believe the rubbish you post sometimes or maybe you do, who knows - maybe the last quarter decade is a blur for you. You’re fishing with no bait here geezer.

Perth Red

Post Whore
On the board:
What we know is there is 5 WA investors who'll be on the board with Peter Cumins as Chair. Then there will be Paul Smith from NSW if his investment is accepted. There will not be a NSFC or Norths LC rep on the board at this time. Thats as much as we know for now.

If Venues West, NRLWA or the ARLC will have someone on is unknown but seems unlikely. I would expect to see a prominent Perth business, legal or academic woman also added to bring some gender diversity.

wb2027

Juniors
From a very reputable chat I was having with someone on Sunday, most, if not all board talk can be taken with a huge grain of salt at this stage because it's all up to the ARLC how the board will be structured. At the moment it's still very much in its infancy and is just a group of investors pairing with an established club to put in a bid.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Other than the comedian bloke do you know of any other prominent business people with a NSFC connection that could be options? It wouldnt hurt to get someone from top end of town in sydney to open corporate doors for the WB's.
(there is a great irony that the Perth teams initials are WB after all the bad mouthing of Perth WB has done over the years on here lol)

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
On the board:
What we know is there is 5 WA investors who'll be on the board with Peter Cumins as Chair. Then there will be Paul Smith from NSW if his investment is accepted. There will not be a NSFC or Norths LC rep on the board at this time. Thats as much as we know for now.

If Venues West, NRLWA or the ARLC will have someone on is unknown but seems unlikely. I would expect to see a prominent Perth business, legal or academic woman also added to bring some gender diversity.
ARLC oversight over said board is happening just unsure on how it’s going to work (which TBF I’ve stated a few times now).

Gut feeling it’ll be more a line to run critical club decisions by before actioning items but wouldn’t surprise me if it is a seat. This whole marriage of the WA consortium and Bears was largely constructed by ARLC so if they think it’s best to have someone in the heat of it to make sure it runs smoothly wouldn’t seem far fetched.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
From a very reputable chat I was having with someone on Sunday, most, if not all board talk can be taken with a huge grain of salt at this stage because it's all up to the ARLC how the board will be structured. At the moment it's still very much in its infancy and is just a group of investors pairing with an established club to put in a bid.
Whoever you talked to i’m guessing it was a Norths offical or someone with links to one.

Peel those layers away and again, ARLC will have over sight that much you can bank on. Unsure on capacity and also unsure if that will be made public. Maybe the perception that it might look like Western Bears need a baby sitter isn’t the best optics even if it’s a good move to ensure things run smoothly. Who knows.

Wb1234

Immortal
Other than the comedian bloke do you know of any other prominent business people with a NSFC connection that could be options? It wouldnt hurt to get someone from top end of town in sydney to open corporate doors for the WB's.
(there is a great irony that the Perth teams initials are WB after all the bad mouthing of Perth WB has done over the years on here lol)
Badmouthing was of the w

I’ve always been a fan of the b coming back

Wb1234

Immortal
Looks like the arlc wants to ensure the joint venture issues at wests tigers and dragons aren’t repeated and board is harmonious

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Looks like the arlc wants to ensure the joint venture issues at wests tigers and dragons aren’t repeated and board is harmonious
Except there won’t be Bears board members. It’s more to do with making sure that a franchise in a non rugby league heartland makes the right decisions than anything else.

I doubt a WA-led board would be unharmonious between themselves. Not unless Cumins starts ripping his board members off with fake second hand Rolex’s and dodgy Chinese PS5’s as you say
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Wb1234

Immortal
Its not a joint venture split board, why wouldn't it be? Its investors who want to see a successful company.
If the rumours of arlc board involvement then why ?

To ensure no divisions between the two sides

Who knows after what happened with manly maybe the bears wanted it

Wb1234

Immortal
Except there won’t be Bears board members. It’s more to do with making sure that a franchise in a non rugby league heartland makes the right decisions than anything else.

I doubt a WA-led board would be unharmonious between themselves. Not unless Cumins starts ripping his board members off with fake second hand Rolex’s and dodgy Chinese PS5’s as you say
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Perth board meetings

Latest posts