What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Wb1234

Immortal
Funny way of going about it then …shitcanning them in public …. It’s up to the clubs to vote them in at the end of the day …
I’m sure pvl has an angle here and he wants more from the bid

Whether it’s money or something else but they need the extra teams for the tv deal negotiations which they will start as soon as the two new teams are announced

Whatever financial demands the clubs want to approve them will be met by the arl and or png / Perth

Another interview here with 2GB … PVL ‘s dissatisfaction seems stronger in this one …

- mentions that PNG is the only bid he can take to the clubs
- says he has a meeting with one of the bid teams “ to change their model”.. wonder what that means?

Just listened to that.... what a f**k up.

BuffaloRules

Coach
hate to say I told you so but I questioned the varisaty of Vlandys wanting 20 club plan back at the beginning. If they f**k perth around this time we can kiss goodby to ever having a national comp in this country,

So they aren’t still getting announced on Thursday ?

It’s all very odd to me .. PVL has supposedly been talking to the WA Premier for months… they changed their bid to accommodate the Bears at his urging … they need a team in Perth and three new teams overall and supposedly this is still not good enough? I might just be on your side this time …

Last edited:

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Nothing to be overly concerned with. Not yet anyways.

But WA Consortium - they need for the greater good to allow Norths onto the board (has to be Tony Crawford and no one else) and to buy in. Yes, I get they want this to be a purely WA owned club but they showed their cards when they approached Sydney Kings owners for minority buy in.

Norths willingly gave their brand and IP over because WA Consortium were confident that money wouldn’t be an issue. Now to be clear the money that was spoken about at the time wasn’t an issue however things change and there’s a requirement now for more. ARLC like to see assurances, assets, revenue streams outside of football etc basically all the shit I’ve been yarning on about time and time again for months now.

So be smart. Get back into the meeting room. Give Norths 15% ownership minimum and allow them to use their assets as collateral. It’ll still be majority WA owned, it’s no big deal. It’ll fix this quick smart.

Peter Cumins, time for you to show us how you are the commercial beast that you’ve stated you are.

BuffaloRules

Coach

But WA Consortium - they need for the greater good to allow Norths onto the board and to buy in. Yes, I get they want this to be a purely WA owned club but they showed their cards when they approached Sydney Kings owners for minority buy in.

Norths willingly gave their brand and IP over because WA Consortium were confident that money wouldn’t be an issue. Now to be clear the money that was spoken about at the time wasn’t an issue however ARLC want assurances, assets, revenue streams outside of football etc basically all the shit I’ve been yarning on about time and time again for months now.

So be smart. Get back into the meeting room. Give Norths 15% ownership minimum and allow them to use their assets as collateral. It’ll fix this quick smart.

Optimism is great …

Is this something that should be played out in public ?

The bid was made 2 months ago … why the problems at the death now ?

Also … I thought Norths have ruled out putting in any money … can they offer anything apart from a name?

But WA Consortium - they need for the greater good to allow Norths onto the board (has to be Tony Crawford and no one else) and to buy in. Yes, I get they want this to be a purely WA owned club but they showed their cards when they approached Sydney Kings owners for minority buy in.

Norths willingly gave their brand and IP over because WA Consortium were confident that money wouldn’t be an issue. Now to be clear the money that was spoken about at the time wasn’t an issue however things change and there’s a requirement now for more. ARLC like to see assurances, assets, revenue streams outside of football etc basically all the shit I’ve been yarning on about time and time again for months now.

So be smart. Get back into the meeting room. Give Norths 15% ownership minimum and allow them to use their assets as collateral. It’ll still be majority WA owned, it’s no big deal. It’ll fix this quick smart.

Peter Cumins, time for you to show us how you are the commercial beast that you’ve stated you are.

The bloke from the Sydney Kings made it very clear that it was he who made the approach.
I`d be approaching them and that American comedian guy before I started handing over any more control to the Bears.
The Bears are desperate, and to be perfectly frank I wouldn`t trust them if they got on the board to agitate with perhaps a long-term plan of getting the whole thing back to the central coast.

Iamback

Coach
Optimism is great …

Is this something that should be played out in public ?

The bid was made 2 months ago … why the problems at the death now ?

Also … I thought Norths have ruled out putting in any money … can they offer anything apart from a name?

It was about control. Bears aren't putting in cash without seats on the board

Latest posts