What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Wb1234

Immortal
Has the “bank guarantee “ thing been raised outside this forum ?

Lot of energy going into debating this if it’s just a LU thought bubble
Pretty much

Tinkler had to put one up when he took over the knights which got called up and the dolphins had to put one up too

What pvl is asking for is effectively a bribe to clubs not security if the club doesn’t pay its debts

Canard

Immortal
My take, and just an opinion because I really don't know, is that the licence fee and security payment in case of a bad run for the club are the same thing.

It really doesn't matter if the NRL hands it to clubs as a membership fee, sticks it in the bank or buys a hotel with it, because the game as a whole is on the hook for bailing out a new club if they go broke.

This is why a new entity like Perth has to pay and a rich, existing club like the Dolphins didn't, because they clearly demonstrated that if things go badly, they had their own significant cash reserves and asset base to fall back on.
This would be the most anti-Expansionist position for any sporting organisation to take.

And is actively hurting those that need the cash flow the most.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I cant believe people are still naive enough to think this is about a security bond rather than to be used as a club bribe lol

MugaB

Coach
I cant believe people are still naive enough to think this is about a security bond rather than to be used as a club bribe lol
It's not a bribe, it's a right of passage, the NRL is the clubs, they've created the competition ya'll want so badly to join, you need to pay them whatever they want, then you can share in that revenue

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's not a bribe, it's a right of passage, the NRL is the clubs, they've created the competition ya'll want so badly to join, you need to pay them whatever they want, then you can share in that revenue
Which I actually have no problem with, as long as its consistent, mandatory and applies to everyone. In which case they should have decided it in August and set it out and how much it is in the bid criteria, not made it an issue in October! That woudl have given the bids the opportunity to decide if they think it was worth bidding or not.

MugaB

Coach
Which I actually have no problem with, as long as its consistent, mandatory and applies to everyone. In which case they should have decided it in August and set it out and how much it is in the bid criteria, not made it an issue in October! That woudl have given the bids the opportunity to decide if they think it was worth bidding or not.
Mate they flat out asked how much are willing to bid
Cumins answer was

Screenshot_20241012_090610_Gallery.jpg

I'd be disgusted too if I was the NRL

Maximus

Coach
Has the “bank guarantee “ thing been raised outside this forum ?

Lot of energy going into debating this if it’s just a LU thought bubble

It came up because people are claiming the licence fee is to support the team if it can't pay its bills, so people pointed out a licence fee paid to the other teams wouldn't achieve that, a bank guarantee would.

Latest posts