What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Pippen94

First Grade
It’s just the facts, it’s been over two decades since they played first grade. As a result, the relocation to Perth won’t be as effective as the Swans to Sydney and Lions to Brisbane moves were. The Swans and Lions didn’t miss a whole generation of potential fans.

It’s strong amongst those associated with the Bears and the old Bears fans. Other than that, not really.

No. Everybody young & old know about the bears. Strong brand regardless of being in NRL. Just like dolphins in Redcliffe who were in wilderness even longer.

reanimate

Bench
No. Everybody young & old know about the bears. Strong brand regardless of being in NRL. Just like dolphins in Redcliffe who were in wilderness even longer.
NRL fans might know about them, but caring about them is a different story. Particularly in the age groups that have grown up without them around as a first grade team.

Pippen94

First Grade
Given the ALRC did not nominate a figure in the bid document that they wanted as security, each bidder had to undertake an internal risk assessment of their bid and then nominate a dollar figure as security?

Dolphins had asset base. Tigers and jets will be same. PNG has government funding. Perth finances weren't clearly stated anywhere I read and recruiting Sydney kings backers seemed odd as they boasted about Western Australian business people.

Trifili13

Juniors
Dolphins had asset base. Tigers and jets will be same. PNG has government funding. Perth finances weren't clearly stated anywhere I read and recruiting Sydney kings backers seemed odd as they boasted about Western Australian business people.
The ARLC is hardly going to publish the Perth bid document for you to read their finances.

The Dolphins have put up a 10m bank guarantee for the first 5 years. I would suggest it was a figure they were told would be required rather than 'pay what you like'.

Pippen94

First Grade
The ARLC is hardly going to publish the Perth bid document for you to read their finances.

The Dolphins have put up a 10m bank guarantee for the first 5 years. I would suggest it was a figure they were told would be required rather than 'pay what you like'.

Singo is backing jets. Feds backing PNG. Redcliffe had $100 million asset base. East tigers claim $135 million in assets. Perth had unnamed businessmen willing to invest. See difference?!

Trifili13

Juniors
Singo is backing jets. Feds backing PNG. Redcliffe had $100 million asset base. East tigers claim $135 million in assets. Perth had unnamed businessmen willing to invest. See difference?!
Totally get that. So why were the bidders asked to nominate their own bank guarantee amount?

While others on here are saying it's a licence fee for a slice of the revenue pie which is completely different to a bank guarantee.

As I have said, don't care who gets in but this whole process has been a shambles.

Pippen94

First Grade
Totally get that. So why were the bidders asked to nominate their own bank guarantee amount?

While others on here are saying it's a licence fee for a slice of the revenue pie which is completely different to a bank guarantee.

As I have said, don't care who gets in but this whole process has been a shambles.

Lots of misinformation coming from bitter party.

reanimate

Bench
Yeah, dolphins fans all from before 1988 too, sure!!
Dolphins have a different backstory to the Bears. All BRL teams met the same fate. As a result, the support for the QLD Cup and the old BRL teams within has always been stronger than support for teams in the NSW Cup.

Pippen94

First Grade
Dolphins have a different backstory to the Bears. All BRL teams met the same fate. As a result, the support for the QLD Cup and the old BRL teams within has always been stronger than support for teams in the NSW Cup.

Lol, tell me how valleys and brothers are faring in Qld cup?!

Pippen94

First Grade
If you are calling me bitter, not bitter at all. Couldn't care if the Gymea Gorillas or Thirroul Butchers are the next 2 expansion teams. Just think this whole process has been run very poorly.

As a kid when my family drove through Newcastle you'd see flags for local teams during grand final time. Nothing to with expansion but your mention of butchers (Charlestown) reminded me of that. This was after knights entered NRL too.

Latest posts