What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

MugaB

Coach
Totally get that. So why were the bidders asked to nominate their own bank guarantee amount?

While others on here are saying it's a licence fee for a slice of the revenue pie which is completely different to a bank guarantee.

As I have said, don't care who gets in but this whole process has been a shambles.
Who made up this bank guarantee business, no one has said this.... you guys are assuming it

It's a licence fee end of

NRL fans might know about them, but caring about them is a different story. Particularly in the age groups that have grown up without them around as a first grade team.
Look I`ve no doubt they`ll generate a fair bit of interest locally, It`ll be hard to avoid them given the feel-good stories about their historic roots in the area however will that mean that people will travel further than their 1 game a year at NSO, doubtful.
Maybe if they make the finals at Alliannz they`ll get a few trek across.

Wb1234

Immortal
What is it about this forum when a big chunk of people just ignore what’s going on and post their own fantasies

Pvl has said the bears are at the forefront of this bid

That’s the only opinion that matters

Maybe rugby league expansion just isn’t for some of you

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
That a few clubs went poorly doesn’t change that former BRL clubs, like Redcliffe, have maintained a decent following in the QLD Cup. They all had the same thing happen to them, the introduction of the Broncos.
Redcliffe yes. The others not so much. The only people you generally see with QLD Cup gear are kids who are in those clubs systems rocking their training gear to gyms etc. Generally being where I’m at it’s mainly Seagulls and Easts Tigers due to their affiliated schools and junior clubs who rock their badge.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Dolphins have a different backstory to the Bears. All BRL teams met the same fate. As a result, the support for the QLD Cup and the old BRL teams within has always been stronger than support for teams in the NSW Cup.
You’ll be hard pressed to find many people in NSW with Easts, Ipswich, Devils, Burleigh, Tweed, Souths etc gear. But you will occasionally see people in QLD rocking Jets and Bears gear, especially Bears.

Sure those two clubs might be the exception due to them being foundation clubs but still. Your point isn’t correct.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
About 7 stupid, delusional or mentally disturbed people will go and watch the bears when they are the away team in Sydney. If this Frankenstein's monster of a club eventuates all nostalgia is gone.

I'm going to sound like AFL Red here: Sydney fans don't even travel to see their own team - only a desperate, no friends loser with no life would go (I don't live in Sydney so I don't qualify).

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
What is it about this forum when a big chunk of people just ignore what’s going on and post their own fantasies

Pvl has said the bears are at the forefront of this bid

That’s the only opinion that matters

Maybe rugby league expansion just isn’t for some of you
So is it expansion or relocation dimwit?

Your hero is trying to have his cake and eat it too. Even bears fans know that this is a token gesture and WA fans know they're being treated like suckers.

You're too busy trying to prove you're the bestest rugby league fan in the universe to face reality.

reanimate

Bench
Redcliffe yes. The others not so much. The only people you generally see with QLD Cup gear are kids who are in those clubs systems rocking their training gear to gyms etc. Generally being where I’m at it’s mainly Seagulls and Easts Tigers due to their affiliated schools and junior clubs who rock their badge.

You’ll be hard pressed to find many people in NSW with Easts, Ipswich, Devils, Burleigh, Tweed, Souths etc gear. But you will occasionally see people in QLD rocking Jets and Bears gear, especially Bears.

Sure those two clubs might be the exception due to them being foundation clubs but still. Your point isn’t correct.
What’s a lot more common in QLD is for people to be a fan of a QLD Cup team and also be a Broncos fan, due to the way the Broncos were introduced in addition to the existing BRL sides. That’s less common in NSW, where nearly all the NSWRL teams made it into the ARL/NRL and most have a team in the NSW Cup. Not many people follow a NSW Cup team that’s not their NRL team’s feeder.

Latest posts