What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wagon

Skum

Juniors
Ok i dunno if anyone has brought this up before but the guy is a disgrace. Whenever he gets the ball he runs a slow hit up and makes maybe 2 meters, he stoped momentum, he is a ' fizzer'.

Sure he has a high tackle count, but pfft.. since when does that make u a first team certainty and back up captain. Anyone can have a high tackle count. floppin isnt that hard.

The guy has cost so many tries in so many ways, i think he is parras main weakness (behind the graham).

Rednecked Yobbo

Juniors
Bloody Hell! He's been back at lock for what.....2 1/2 games!
Not to mention the pass for Widders try etc.........
And Wagon dont flop, hell against the Goosters he put the pressure on Mini and Freddie all night!

I'm not Wagon's number 1 fan.......but credit due where its needed, and keep ya eyes open when your watching a game!

Skum

Juniors
i agree he puts a few players through with a close pass occasionally. Thats all he does. It doesnt make up for the fact that hes such a fizzer.

Phillips

Referee
Skum, that was a great post mate :clap: :clap:

Wagon would not make first grade at souths, i just hope next yr that Morrison/Perenara take his place in the side

but sadly knowing Brian Smiths ways, Wagon will be the first player picked :cry:

and i dont know how the hell he got to be back up captain either, Vella is a better captain for f**k sake #-o

ParraMatt

Bench
I rate Wagon, His defence near the tryline is awesome. Saved alot of tries last night and is our 2nd best Defensive weapon behind Hindmarsh. He has tried hard this year but when you are announced in the wrong position AKA Five-Eighth it's always going to be hard. Since he has been back at his respected position he has stood out. With 2/3 wins.

In attack I must say he is quite dissapointing, But when he does decide to pass the ball usually something is good is made of it.

Hellsy

Immortal
Rednecked Yobbo said:
Bloody Hell! He's been back at lock for what.....2 1/2 games!
Not to mention the pass for Widders try etc.........
And Wagon dont flop, hell against the Goosters he put the pressure on Mini and Freddie all night!

I'm not Wagon's number 1 fan.......but credit due where its needed, and keep ya eyes open when your watching a game!

I agree with you 100% Redneck!
Daniel Wagon comes under so much critisism from fans and media that is undeservant. He has been a constant force all year for us, yes he has made some errors but so have all of them...even Hindy. Wags may also not be the best leader around the park but in Cayless' absence he has taken the role on without question, only pride and given it his all no-one else stood up and said "I'll do it". He is a good guy, he has been passing the ball so much more this year, excellent offloads which have lead to tries for his team mates.
Leave the guy alone...he is hurting as much as all of us with the way the season has gone.

Skum

Juniors
ParraMatt said:
I rate Wagon, His defence near the tryline is awesome. Saved alot of tries last night and is our 2nd best Defensive weapon behind Hindmarsh. He has tried hard this year but when you are announced in the wrong position AKA Five-Eighth it's always going to be hard. Since he has been back at his respected position he has stood out. With 2/3 wins.

In attack I must say he is quite dissapointing, But when he does decide to pass the ball usually something is good is made of it.

Mate, its a bit of a contradiction to rate him and acknoledge he is such an attacking nightmare. To make the NRL you need to have an overall game. I think defence should be 2nd to attack (with some balance). If he moved 20m behind the attacking line when within the opposition 20m then he would be great. but thats just not going to happen.

Skum

Juniors
GAME FIRST said:
Wagon is a reserve grader at the dogs and roosters!

And a permanent one at that! That is a fact.

exactly, he wouldnt be givin a second look. Why are we settling for him

Eels Dude

Coach
Wagon is a great defensive player, probably the best at our club. Every side needs a player like that no matter what anyone else says. He may not be flashy in attack and his is not creative at all, however he is doing his job and deserves a spot in the side.

Eels Dude

Coach
GAME FIRST said:
Wagon is a reserve grader at the dogs and roosters!

And a permanent one at that! That is a fact.

Considering that Wagon has never played for either Canterbury or Sydney, I find it hard to see how it is a "fact" that he'd be a reserve grader with them!

ParraMatt

Bench
Definatley. Allthough I have heard a strong rumour from eelavation that next year Wagon will play Centre. Morrison at Lock, Riddell at Second Row, and Morris back to Hooker with P.J. Marsh at Five-Eighth if fit.

1. Mckinnon
2. Burt
3. Wagon
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Marsh
7. Witt
8. Cayless
9. Morris
10. Stringer
11. Hindmarsh
12. Riddell
13. Morrison
Reserves
14. Vella
15. Backo
16. Widders
17. Robinson

ParraMatt

Bench
Im quite happy with it, But i'd rather it be what everyone is expecting it to be

1. Mckinnon
2. Peterson
3. Burt
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Morris
7. Witt
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Stringer
11. Hindmarsh
12. Morrison
13. Wagon
Reserves
14. Marsh
15. Robinson
16. Widders
17. Vella

18. Backo (Going to be something very very good)

Skum

Juniors
yeh that is a strong team, hopefully the injury gods give us a brake and it goes well.

Im sure wagon will fill a defensive roll well if we have such a good line up, but he doesnt fit the team with all the injuries.

Rednecked Yobbo

Juniors
What? With Wags in that team, he cleans up in defence, it allows our more creative players to attack with better oppurtunity.........whatever ya smokin dude, i want some!