What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wagon

Skum

Juniors
haha well when you get ur first PC at the age of 3 and grow up with them it becomes kinda second nature.

<- geek :/

ParraMatt

Bench
:lol: :lol: Your not a geek Skum. I'm pretty quick at typing too, Doesn't mean we are geeks. We all one biiiiig Family

Skum

Juniors
haha i wear my geek title with pride! bring on the huge glasses and phobia of chicks.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ParraMatt said:
Definatley. Allthough I have heard a strong rumour from eelavation that next year Wagon will play Centre. Morrison at Lock, Riddell at Second Row, and Morris back to Hooker with P.J. Marsh at Five-Eighth if fit.

1. Mckinnon
2. Burt
3. Wagon
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Marsh
7. Witt
8. Cayless
9. Morris
10. Stringer
11. Hindmarsh
12. Riddell
13. Morrison
Reserves
14. Vella
15. Backo
16. Widders
17. Robinson

who told me that????

Mate you did hear a rumour from me on the weekend! but that wasn't it [-X in fact the rumour was posted in the "interesting gossip column"

Stagger eel

Staff member
look!

Wags is a 100 game player at the club, he's the ultimate clubman who rolls his sleeves up every game makes 40 odd tackles! he was also a similar style player in 01 playing behind a great team and made the kangaroo tour at the end of the year.

I'm predicting a vintage Wagon next year behind the pack we'll field and have no doub't we'll see the best of him.

AT LOCK!!!!!

Redback71

First Grade
for all the negativity about wags at 5/8 and so forth all i can say is if he was there on the weekend he would never have missed the tackle that thorman did which led to that panthers try

Munky

Coach
Redback71 said:
for all the negativity about wags at 5/8 and so forth all i can say is if he was there on the weekend he would never have missed the tackle that thorman did which led to that panthers try

But he charged out of the defensive line at Puletua who is the most devastating ball running player in the comp. There was only only going to be one outcome after his rush.

Rock_66

Juniors
Wags has a go, puts in 100% every week.
Enough for me.

Maybe next year we will see him out wide running onto the ball instead of someone trying to make him into a ball player.

Phillips

Referee
maybe he will get a season long injury....and the likes of Morrison/Perenara can take his spot in first grade

Stagger eel

Staff member
Phillips said:
maybe he will get a season long injury....and the likes of Morrison/Perenara can take his spot in first grade

Maybe you can just go away amd not come back.

your a complete tool!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Phillips said:
because i think Wagon is crap

ok then :roll:

so you wish a bloke who's done his all for the club played more than a 100 games a season long injury to get your way?

as far as I'm concerned your an absolute goose.

BTW shouldn't you get ready for school?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont understand why ppl bags Wags

He is one of the best defensive players in the NRL, and ideally suited at lock

You cant blame him fort being chosen at 5/8

He is not a selector

Misty Bee

First Grade
Wags is the only bloke who can make 50 tackles, and be defensively responsible for allowing in the tries that lead to our defeat! SSure, he can doi the Hindmarsh and jump sideways out of marker and bring up his defensive stats. BUt at time his goal line defence, especialy when he leaves the defensive line, is abysmal.

His attack is poor as well. His hit ups are in name only. He passes the ball once every Halley's comet passing, and, to compound it, the poor sod is always at 5/8 - thus eliminating our backline as an attacking weapon!

Giving 100% is something I could do if selected. However, like Wagon, there are far better options than me!

Stagger eel

Staff member
I see your point Mist!

however I'm still not convinced,

he's played just about every match for us this year and I'm sure a clear indicator would be how would our other tackling machine would handle without Wags there! in fact I'm tempted to ask Hindy myself when I get a chance whether in his honest opinion feel that he would need to do more work without Wagon there.

Suitman

Post Whore
Me too.

Wagon was on a par with Vella for me earlier this season. But he has turned me around, Vella hasn't.
I'd keep him because I can see that he makes a huge effort.
He ain't perfect, but he's trying, and trying 98% of the time.

Suity

Misty Bee

First Grade
Gotta concede that Wagon has made plenty of appearances. Gotta also concede that he has probably, over the season, been among the top 5 in our club - thus a reward for consistency, and a few special performances mid year. Maybe he's in the bad books becuase Smith kept picking him at 5/8, where he did no good at all!

Still, I think, at best, he's a good, basic footballer. And nothing more.

Latest posts