What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wallace

Randy81

Juniors
Yep and it was a blatant penalty. Mullen kicked the ball well after the siren sounded.

We had a lot of stuff go unpenalised. That strip on Merrin on tackle zero was an obvious strip somehow missed by all officials and it could have cost us big time. Worse than not calling a minor obstruction which gained no advantage and a wrong forward pass call on the last tackle.
There was also a blatant strip on wallace soon after the merrin one too.
My 7 year old asked why i was yelling at the tv lol

TheFrog

Coach
I was fuming at the jimmy smith comment that "it is easy to penalise newcastle"......hello? the penalty count was 8-2 in their favour up until late in the 1st half! Then 8-4 at ht
The Knights markers in the second half once the floodgates opened were quite often side by side when the ball was played. I thought it was a variation on the mercy rule.

The Moylan hold-up was a bit quicker than we've come to expect, too. Normally a player held up in goal gets every opportunity afforded to get the ball down.

mxlegend99

Referee
The Knights markers in the second half once the floodgates opened were quite often side by side when the ball was played. I thought it was a variation on the mercy rule.

The Moylan hold-up was a bit quicker than we've come to expect, too. Normally a player held up in goal gets every opportunity afforded to get the ball down.
Moylan landed on the ball in goal. Nah we called held while you were an inch off the ground. That was ridiculous. Forgot that call.

But all we heard was how bad the Knights copped it. Lol. Refs had clangers both ways. But we missed some bigger opportunities on the back of them.

Luckily it was against last spot. Against Storm thats the difference between a tight game and them putting on a big score.

tripster

Juniors
All I can say is massive respect. I thought he was done playing in the halves but at hooker he has given his all.

I salute you sir!

Pretty happy my avatar is unchanged since 07.

Edit: I'm five beers down as my nerves can't handle watching Penrith playing well.

I am digging up an old thread because I just wanted to give Wallace a big wrap again. He's been giving his all every week, and his experience in the middle is making a huge difference to our team. I wouldn't trade him for another hooker in the comp at the moment (ok, Cameron Smith is the only who is better on current form, but I can't stand the prick).

ammatt

Juniors
Just want to give Wallace another wrap. He played really well today and gave it 100%. He has well and truly silenced the haters this season (although I think the commentators were going to far to suggest he might play Origin again next year).
I really think he and Peats will be in the mix for origin, but unfortunately Daley likes to reward the players who have been there and done that. So unless Farrah is injured he will be the SOO hooker

maple_69

Bench
I am digging up an old thread because I just wanted to give Wallace a big wrap again. He's been giving his all every week, and his experience in the middle is making a huge difference to our team. I wouldn't trade him for another hooker in the comp at the moment (ok, Cameron Smith is the only who is better on current form, but I can't stand the prick).

For the price tags, I'd take Wallace at the moment. If form continues I think hooker will depend on who the halves are. At the moment you'd be pretty brave to exclude Moylan. He's made 13 try and line break assists in the last 2 games. That will play in Wallaces savory.

TheFrog

Coach
The last few pages of Rumoured and Confirmed Signings No 2, at the very top of this forum, completed in the last off season, make very interesting reading with regard to the rumours that Griffin was forcing Wallace out of the club. Nothing could have been further from the truth as it turns out. Egg on a few faces there, as I suggested it might be.

age.s

First Grade
The last few pages of Rumoured and Confirmed Signings No 2, at the very top of this forum, completed in the last off season, make very interesting reading with regard to the rumours that Griffin was forcing Wallace out of the club. Nothing could have been further from the truth as it turns out. Egg on a few faces there, as I suggested it might be.

Maybe. Or maybe Wallace just responded better to Hooker than anyone (Hook included) could have imagined.

Let's not kid ourselves, we'd be beyond if he was keeping any of Cleary/Moylan/TMM out of a halves spot.

TheFrog

Coach
No-one could have predicted what has happened to our team this year, nor how successful the changes would be. But the club saw qualities in Wallace that convinced them he was not yet ready for the scrapheap.

chrisD

Coach
Or the english club pulled out, or Wallace decided he didn't want to go, or Hook decided he didn't have the depth to let him go.

TheFrog

Coach
2 and 3 appear to be correct at least. The line being pushed was that Griffin and Wallace didn't see eye to eye and could not co-exist at the club after Wallace was dropped to the bench at Brisbane. That has proven to be utter shite.

Overlooking him as club captain after he'd held that position for the previous 2 years indicates he was not expected to be an automatic inclusion in first grade.

Pomoz

Bench
I tell you what, it speaks volumes about both of them. Griffin has praised Wallace on a number of occasions. He has also shown he picks on form not reputations and not because he likes or dislikes somebody. He dropped Segyaro who was considered the next best thing since Cam Smith. He has treated Wallace with dignity and fairness. You can ask for no more than that from a leader. Your performance will dictate the rest.

Wallace has not spat his dummy,or run down anybody. He has just got on with it. The other players clearly look up to him and he may not be a captain but he is a true leader. A true leader has people follow them whether they have authority or not. That's Pete.

ET should learn from the way he reacted to being dropped. Wallace has shown him how it is done. Class.

Last edited:

tripster

Juniors
I tell you what, it speaks volumes about both of them. Griffin has praised Wallace on a number of occasions. He has also shown he picks on form not reputations and not because he likes or dislikes somebody. He dropped Segyaro who was considered the next best thing since Cam Smith. Hr has treated Wallace with dignity and fairness. You can ask for no more than that from a leader. Your performance will dictate the rest.

Wallace has not spat his dummy,or run down anybody. He has just got on with it. The other players clearly look up to him and he may not be a captain but he is a true leader. A true leader has people follow them whether they have authority or not. That's Pete.

ET should learn from the way he reacted to being dropped. Wallace has shown him how it is done. Class.

Excellent post.

chrisD

Coach
For all we know ET leaving was already out the door, left to languish while the formalities were sorted.