What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wally Lewis vs Andrew Johns

Who is the better player?

• Andrew Johns

Votes: 93 63.3%
  • Wally Lewis

Votes: 54 36.7%

• Total voters

bluesbreaker

Bench
Kiwi said:
True

I guess i'll leave the joey brigade to their usual spank the monkeyathon

I noticed you didn't answer me. I ask again, please provide an example of Johns limping around when his team is losing (it happens nearly every time apparently, so it shouldn't be hard).

... Or you could just admit that you're hatred of Johns makes you lie through your teeth.

bluesbreaker

Bench
*bump*

Still no answer hey Kiwi? That's ok, I guess we all know you're talking bullsh*t. For some consistency, how about you put this lie in your signature as well? :)

DJ1

Juniors
I absolutely hated him with a passion, but I would have to say Wally Lewis by a long way!

Palms

Juniors
Both the best players in their respective positions who have both had stellar careers. I think the bagging of Johns is very unfair. Look at the team he has been carrying for some time now, that alone would have to take its toll. Not to mention the weight of a town on his shoulders (lets not forget the team Wally had uner his belt with a QUALITY half in Langer and a forward pack to boot!)

All in all, unfair on both players to have one stand out as the best.

Mr Saab

Referee
What crap does Johns cop and why are you underestimating the Knights pack over the past 10 yrs?
Names that come to mind are that played with Johns over the yrs...

Harragon
Simpson
BK
Parsons
Glanville
Muir
Butterfield

Those were not exactly marshmellows.

Palms

Juniors
Im talking about the crap from these forums, he cops plenty!

Harrigon, Butterfield, Glanville all pre 2000 with Muir not far after. I did not say they had a poor forward pack but have always been lackiong somewhat in the depth department for the last few years and in comparison to the Brisbane forward pack in relationship to playing careers, I would say Brisbane had alot more depth and skill?

Mr Saab

Referee
Palms said:
Im talking about the crap from these forums, he cops plenty!

Harrigon, Butterfield, Glanville all pre 2000 with Muir not far after. I did not say they had a poor forward pack but have always been lackiong somewhat in the depth department for the last few years and in comparison to the Brisbane forward pack in relationship to playing careers, I would say Brisbane had alot more depth and skill?

He doesnt cop crap for his playing ability. He cops crap for his sometimes childish actions.
Are you referring to depth and skill in the forwards in Wallys days at the broncos? Brisbane didnt make the semis in 1988, lost playoff for 5th in 1989 (sharks) and got to the prelim final of 1990.

The Preacher

First Grade
markstan said:
I haven't known things quite as bad as tonight.

Lewis played too many years ago to get anything near balanced =this poll is stupid and only people who have seen both fully should vote/comment which wont happend thus ridiculous thread.

Well then, you're only a little lad eh marky, so shut the f**k up and watch the opinions of those that have seen both, kiddy.

I rated Lewis the third best I had seen, behind Chang and Bozo, but this bucket bum Novacastrian is the best I've ever seen, and unless some freak comes along in the next 23yrs then my 3 score and 10 will be up and it'll be permenant shuteye time, so he'll still be the best.

Palms

Juniors
Gavin ALLEN Sam BACKO Alan CANN Greg DOWLING Andrew GEE Mark HOHN Peter JACKSON Terry MATTERSON Gene MILES John PLATH Kerrod WALTERS all played in those 3 years you were talking about.

bluey

Bench
Seen wally at his peak and johns at his peak.

JOHNS for me better all round kicking game, both good defenders ,both good vision.

Mr Saab

Referee
Palms said:
Gavin ALLEN Sam BACKO Alan CANN Greg DOWLING Andrew GEE Mark HOHN Peter JACKSON Terry MATTERSON Gene MILES John PLATH Kerrod WALTERS all played in those 3 years you were talking about.

Not going to go thru them one by one, but the majority were either at the end of their careers, or were not THAT great.
Peter Jackson was not a forward
Plath was a benchy throughout his entire career.

Latest posts