What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wally Lewis

Ausguy

Coach
How many times will he say "dictate terms" tonight?

I'm gonna say 3 to go with last nights 3

Imagine Russell Fairfax calling a game with Wally

Wally: So and so has to dictate terms
Russell: Theres no two ways about that

Repeat ad nauseam

"Im glad the Warriors made this interchange because I regard Russell Packer as one of the best forwards in the game, not just for the Warriors, IN THE WORLD"

beads6

First Grade
Wally is still living off a few good origin performances. Hopeless commentator, he was doing my head in last night. So was fatty. It was like letting the special kids be captain FFS

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
That comment was just ludicrous. The guy rivals George Rose for stomach kegs

No it wasn't, Packer has been brilliant this season and consistently.

Last time I checked, props were meant to be big.

Should've been talking up McGuire more though, that guy is a beast.

bileduct

Coach
Imagine Russell Fairfax calling a game with Wally

Wally: So and so has to dictate terms
Russell: Theres no two ways about that

Repeat ad nauseam
I don't have to imagine that, I was there in the commentary booth with them both on more than one occasion.

Wally Lewis is actually one of the more nervous commentators there is. During my time at Fox Sports (2002-2004), everything he would say was prepared carefully on a piece of paper and he would sit there reading it over and over before the games. Everyone else made their remarks off the cuff.

Big Pete

Referee
Which shouldn't surprise anyone bile, it sounds like he's still reading a news prompter as he commentates. A shame, because on the footy show he proved that when he cuts loose he's actually a very funny guy.

Hooch

Juniors
Wally may be a bland commentator, but he doesn't talk a whole lot and doesn't really shit you to tears, so all up he's probably doing alright.

Latest posts