What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wally wants QLD and NSW in world cup

I'm looking forward to the world cup and it is a great honor to play for your country but State of Origin shows the toughest and best quality Rugby League.

A state is a political association with effective sovereignty over a geographic area and representing a population. These may be nation states, sub-national states or multinational states.
(Wiki)
Yeah, so does my local council but I'm not proposing they enter a team in the world cup.

Chaos

Juniors
Wally's idea was dumb.

You are going beyond.

So when we have this amazing tournament of yours exactly who do the people of Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania, The Northern Territory and the ACT follow????

Considering you've removed australia and replaced it with two of the states why the hell should the rest of the place watch.

International football is much better than state of origin.

Unfortunately it is also more effort for channel nine and foxtel so they play it down.

I did't agree with Wally's idea of replacing Australia with States in the world cup...It's an honor to play for your country...I think we could achieve the Rugby League Wally wants by increasing the already watched and enjoyed State of Origin.

brendothejet

First Grade
I did't agree with Wally's idea of replacing Australia with States in the world cup...It's an honor to play for your country...I think we could achieve the Rugby League Wally wants by increasing the already watched and enjoyed State of Origin.

but you are devaluing the world cup by having other states in the state of origin.

Super LEague tried it with NZ entering a tri series against NSW and QLD.

Surprise surprise that was not an idea that was adopted when the comps merged together.

State vs State is NSW v QLD.

The World Cup is Countries.

Never the two shall meet.

ledzep

Bench
Wally's idea was dumb.

You are going beyond.

So when we have this amazing tournament of yours exactly who do the people of Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania, The Northern Territory and the ACT follow????

Considering you've removed australia and replaced it with two of the states why the hell should the rest of the place watch.

International football is much better than state of origin.

Unfortunately it is also more effort for channel nine and foxtel so they play it down.
this

FMD. State of Origin in State of Origin, this in INTERNATIONAL football. That means Australia is represented by Australia. How f**kin hard is that to accept? What's more, international football is better than Origin anyway.
and this

JoeD

First Grade
Another reason this is a bad idea is because teams like NZ and England would be in a no win situation. Lets say its a NZ - NSW final. If NZ wins its no big deal because they were only playing a state side, if they lose they look like mugs because they were only playing a state side.

roughyedspud

Coach
and they'd also look stupid of it was a ENGLAND v NZ final...

i'll whisper this quietly so not to upset as few people but....some very,very ordinary players play origin...but sssshhhh don't tell anyone :-$

pcpp

Juniors
I just saw an TV ad on Nine with Wally advertising corporate boxes at Suncorp Stadium for the RLWC. He says that "it's world class rugby league... don't miss it".

Seems like Lewis is a bit of a hypocrite.

Butters

Bench
I just saw an TV ad on Nine with Wally advertising corporate boxes at Suncorp Stadium for the RLWC. He says that "it's world class rugby league... don't miss it".

Seems like Lewis is a bit of a hypocrite.

Or maybe he just likes money...

Calixte

First Grade
The frequency and feverishness with which trolls (LU and media alike) have seized on the King's comments illustrates that palpable fear thing we have been joking about...

:lol:

Latest posts