What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wally's statue painted blue

panthersballboy

Juniors
Rastus_in_Melbourne said:
What they've said all these years is true I guess. NSW have no pride in the NSW jersey. Else why give it to Qld's #1 origin player.

Qld fans wouldn't give any blue the honour of being painted maroon. :)

Well from the Toohey's adds of a couple of years ago, Wally wanted to be a blue then so why not?

But I agree, QLD have far too much pride to let anyone else wear their colours including kiwis.

panthersballboy said:
Well from the Toohey's adds of a couple of years ago, Wally wanted to be a blue then so why not?

But I agree, QLD have far too much pride to let anyone else wear their colours including kiwis.

No no no, dropping the standard for kiwis is fine, since they end up over here on the dole anyway we might as well put them to work.

t-ba

Post Whore
the kirwan kid said:
The cockroach b@stards shouldn't be here in the first place.

Here's a question for the NSW folks - if QLD's so inferior in so mnay ways - as people have been saying over the years - why do you all keep moving here or come here on holiday?

F#@k me, I wouldn't go to NSW on holidays or live there if I thought it was sh*te (which I do)

In a few years you'll see real QLDers moving to NQ to get away from you lot.

There was a time when you couldn't buy a NSW jersey in QLD ... those were the days!!!

Because it's a beautiful place...

As the Joke goes

'God must have a great sense of humour. he made a great place like Queensland...and then he filled it with QLDer's...He must also be a sadistic bastard, because now he's also filling it with Victorians'

Steel Dragon

Bench
I have a friend that works with Ch7 on the Gold Coast who has a very strong suspicion that people who whork at Ch9 Brisbane did it.

Dont know how reliable his source is but he was very convinced.

I havent heard that any police are being involved with investigtions and such as yet either...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm f**king appalled. F**king Sky News is a f**king disgrace.

"Well, I think they've taken it too far. Like drawing a moustache on the queen."

F**k off, Wally isn't above sh*t.

*ends expletive ridden post*

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Steel Dragon said:
I have a friend that works with Ch7 on the Gold Coast who has a very strong suspicion that people who whork at Ch9 Brisbane did it.

I havent heard that any police are being involved with investigtions and such as yet either...

announced on the news, police are definately investigating

Garts

Bench
the kirwan kid said:
The cockroach b@stards shouldn't be here in the first place.

Here's a question for the NSW folks - if QLD's so inferior in so mnay ways - as people have been saying over the years - why do you all keep moving here or come here on holiday?

F#@k me, I wouldn't go to NSW on holidays or live there if I thought it was sh*te (which I do)

In a few years you'll see real QLDers moving to NQ to get away from you lot.

There was a time when you couldn't buy a NSW jersey in QLD ... those were the days!!!

beautiful place, just a shame its full of farkwits ;-)

borat

Bench
Steel Dragon said:

It had to be a publicity stunt. The Today show were broadcasting from out the front of the stadium that morning and as soon as I saw it I thought it was a gee up. The build up to the game had been completely overshadowed by the WorldCup and the press were talking that origin was dead.
Statue painted and removed by queensland volunteers all in time for the 9am finish of Today. Cmon I wasn't going to stomach that.

Nugby

Juniors
Sounds like a promo, but either way, it was either a good promotion or a brilliant prank. Good on whoever did it, and if it was done by Channel 9, here's hoping they get busted ;-)