What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WANTED- 2 Animals!!!!

Vicious

Bench
innsaneink said:
Hey vicous...are you going to answer my question?
About Heighington,I read it somewhere,possibly Big League or League Week.It doesn`t benefit me by making it up,I think the guy is one of our better second rowers and would be more than happy if he stayed with us!

innsaneink

Referee
Vicious said:
innsaneink said:
Hey vicous...are you going to answer my question?
About Heighington,I read it somewhere,possibly Big League or League Week.It doesn`t benefit me by making it up,I think the guy is one of our better second rowers and would be more than happy if he stayed with us!
I didnt say nothing about you fabricating the story...just wanted to know where you read about it.

bonstonker

Juniors
as i said in another post,feeney only makes 6 yards per run,makes an offload every 11 hitups and misses a tackle every 8 attempts.

he is worse than buckets you moron.
no wonder the dogs are happy to see him go. :roll:
total waste of f**king money.
you go all out and do whatever it takes to buy pritchard and wiki.
the rest are a waste of time and money.

and carl webb still sucks and can't tackle for shit.

some of these names being brought up will keep us at 50 point thrashings.

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Frank is a good signing, but he is not worth the money being thrown about. Tigers should look to pick up a few cheap reserve graders from Penrith and the Roosters, plus maybe one good first grade signing and be done with it.

Pluck the reserve graders from the good sides and your sure to pick up a few good players.......

bonstonker

Juniors
do the math,you buy 3 reserve graders and you are lucky to get 1 top player,in fact you would be very lucky.

now even if you only paid them 100k you have spent a total of 300k.

i''ll just take the top quality thanks.

we have wasted so much money with this joint venture you would think people would finally wake up to the fact buying reserve graders does not work.
buying players who are released before their contract is up does not work either.

i'm sick of depth that is only reserve grade quality.

if you want to be serious about winning a comp you spend big money on your forwards.

you need a balance of blue chip stocks along with a few specys,and we are overloaded with specys at the moment.and what do you get with a bunch of specys,eratic performance and big losses.

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Tim Sheens did not recruit poorly last year, so there is no reason to think he will recruit poorly this year......

I have every confidence he will do the right thing......however, if i were coach I would do as mentioned above and pick up a few "Wade McKinnons" for a bargain and buy myself a solid first grader to cover the 450k i want to spend.....

bonstonker

Juniors
he bought 2 ball playing backrowers and bought only 1 f**king prop.
even after his only prop purchase sustained a major foot injury he didn't get another prop.

our biggest need was props and he came up with nothing.the sad fact is that our pack was able to match opposition packs with rep players last year.
bulldogs,roosters,broncos,dragons,knights were all beaten last year and our pack stood up to them all.

this year we are lucky to break even, with the majority of games showing us that we have no props,even when we are at full strength.

if we want to be contenders we simply have to be more serious about getting the big guns up front.

the one thing you always heard from the opposition was that even after a big win they still said it was a tough match in the forwards and more physical than other games.

now our pack is just a speed bump that waits for the opposition to come to them.

Vicious

Bench
Everyone knows we need a quality prop,but who is available???Petro Civoniceva is the only one that comes to mind,but I doubt if even an unrealistic $500,000 would be enough to bring him here!Paul Stringer is another decent player,but is injury prone and has also stated that he wants to play for the Central Coast should they be included.Carl Webb at his best is just about the most powerful ball runner in the game.Sure he is not playing 1st grade at the Broncos therefore obviously isn`t playing anywhere near his best,but he is still young and a change of scenery might just be what it takes for him to get back to his rampaging best.He would have noted that Scott Prince still played for Qld from the Tigers and when there is little else on offer,surely he`s worth a chance!!!

bonstonker

Juniors
as i have said, you go all out for both wiki and pritchard.
i would also look at sattler retiring and releasing all off contract,except kerr.
if heigo wants to go to the new coast team if accepted,f**k him off too.
any other non performers allow to look somewhere else,that's you graham.
with the crap gone you can buy roberts or monaghan.

1. Hodgson
2. monaghan/roberts
3. halatau
4. benji
5. richards
6. prince
7. Kerr
13. galea
12. pritchard
11. boof
10. Skando
9. farah
8. wiki

14. payten
15. bronson,buckets
16. fulton,gibbs
17.fitzy

change the positions if you wish or bring someone else already with the tigers like our juniors and you have a team that can now compete
on a friday night.

steven_tiger

Juniors
fu*k i rate that side.

however, i believe we are no chance at monaghan, plus he is a better centre than winger, as all the canberra supoorters will tell you.

i think you'll find roberts was resigned by penrith

bonstonker

Juniors
even better,he adds to our depth at centre,but if kerr and prince can do the job,i'll have benji and halatau as centres to start.
have'nt heard that roberts has re-signed,but i haven't been on the net much during the last few weeks.

i'll still sit here with fingers crossed,but certainly won't hold my breath.

steven_tiger

Juniors
i think we all feel the same.

i can honestly say i dont believe we will make an significant signings this year. which is dissapointing. :(

daslacker

Juniors
bonstonker said:
as i have said, you go all out for both wiki and pritchard.
i would also look at sattler retiring and releasing all off contract,except kerr.
if heigo wants to go to the new coast team if accepted,f**k him off too.
any other non performers allow to look somewhere else,that's you graham.
with the crap gone you can buy roberts or monaghan.

1. Hodgson
2. monaghan/roberts
3. halatau
4. benji
5. richards
6. prince
7. Kerr
13. galea
12. pritchard
11. boof
10. Skando
9. farah
8. wiki

14. payten
15. bronson,buckets
16. fulton,gibbs
17.fitzy

change the positions if you wish or bring someone else already with the tigers like our juniors and you have a team that can now compete
on a friday night.

I love that side.
I've been hoping o'neill would stand up this year but it's time to retire.
What are the chance's we will release deadwood like graham,buettner,mears ect?maybe even more to be more active in the
marketBut do we have the money to release players and sign more?

I am praying we sign wiki and pritchard or even alex chan.
Mona's would be great on the wing.

I have been a fan of benji at the centre's but with some go forward in our forwards and kerr and prince in the halves would change my perception.

Vicious

Bench
We are 1000-1 of getting Wiki.Apparently Pritchard has signed with the Roosters who are also believed to be chasing Monaghan!!!Nothing has changed,we just can`t seem to attract the top notch players.The only way to change this is to build a side that is competitive with the likes of the Roosters!

Kid

Juniors
Vicious said:
We are 1000-1 of getting Wiki.Apparently Pritchard has signed with the Roosters who are also believed to be chasing Monaghan!!!Nothing has changed,we just can`t seem to attract the top notch players.The only way to change this is to build a side that is competitive with the likes of the Roosters!
Is that why the Roosters have decided to let Hodges go. Not as compassionate as Mr Canavan would have us all believe

ucantseeme

Juniors
Jason Moodie came out of retirement to play for us and he has been outstanding. Maybe a couple more 'retirees' could lend a hand the way Moodie is. I doubt that Moodie is on the same money he was at the Knights.

How about Barry Ward, i think he retired from St Helens last season?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
ucantseeme said:
Jason Moodie came out of retirement to play for us and he has been outstanding. Maybe a couple more 'retirees' could lend a hand the way Moodie is. I doubt that Moodie is on the same money he was at the Knights.

How about Barry Ward, i think he retired from St Helens last season?

I think your post shows that you have a very small clue ;-)

Eddie.

Bench
bonstonker said:
our biggest need was props and he came up with nothing.the sad fact is that our pack was able to match opposition packs with rep players last year.
bulldogs,roosters,broncos,dragons,knights were all beaten last year and our pack stood up to them all.

this year we are lucky to break even, with the majority of games showing us that we have no props,even when we are at full strength.

yeah lets so bring back Pearson, Manu and co back, last years pack was no better, dont kid yourself

Against some of those sides they were vastly understrength, Roosters, Knights inparticualar, broncs without Lockyer

I think Sheens went hard after Perry, Jobson and a couple of other front rowers but we didnt nail them.

the recruitment last year was very good minus a star prop

If we buy just one nrl player next season id think it would be a prop.

Latest posts