What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warmup Aus v India

aussies1st

Staff member
India batting first, match is televised and we won't be playing India again until at least the quarters.

Dingus

Juniors
Anyone know if Australia will be wearing this yellow strip for the full tournament? Looks so much better then the dark green

Gidley Up

Juniors
Krejza really mixes up his bowling well. Full-tosses and half-volleys, he's got both. He better not play a game in the WC.

Big Pete

Referee
We could definitely need it though.

The side collapsed terribly and fell short of the total by 30+ runs.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think the spinners are gonna dictate this WC,

I know its stating the obvious but we've got mostly a pace attack where as even the poms have got 3 spinners in their team, and we seem to struggle against a mainly spin attack

JJ

Immortal
I think the spinners are gonna dictate this WC,

I know its stating the obvious but we've got mostly a pace attack where as even the poms have got 3 spinners in their team, and we seem to struggle against a mainly spin attack

If the wickets turn, it'll be spinners and guys batting in the top 3... once guys get established they have to push on - fo you lot, Ponting will be key I reckon

On the face of it your team looks poorly selected - but I guess if you have decent pace bowlers and poor spinners, you're better off with the pace.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If the wickets turn, it'll be spinners and guys batting in the top 3... once guys get established they have to push on - fo you lot, Ponting will be key I reckon

On the face of it your team looks poorly selected - but I guess if you have decent pace bowlers and poor spinners, you're better off with the pace.

we probably had no choice

Hauri then....................................well it sort of stops there as far as experienced ODI players go

I know it was only a warm up but its pretty much an indication to me on how we will go against spin attack, so alot relies on Clarkey and Punter as our best 2 players of spin imo

Latest posts