What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warne Vs Murali

El Diablo

Post Whore
sanjane said:
a champion and champion cricketer are 2 different things...
it's just a pity that some of you want a womaniser, as great a player as he is, to captain your country...

At least Warney can get a root.

Go Warney

J-Man

Juniors
Timbo said:
S Warne vs. Bangladesh & Zimbabwe: 6 wickets @ 22.83 (1 test [never versed Bangladesh])

M Muralitharan vs. Bangladesh & Zimbabwe: 110 wickets @ 15.61 (17 tests)

That really is a telling stat.

Another interesting statistic -

Warne has played 128 test matches, with 57 being played at home.
Muralitharan has played 93 test matches, with 55 played at home.

This means Warne has played at home 45% of the time compared to Murali playing at home almost 60% of the time.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Timbo said:
However, here's my favourite statistic when comparing Warne and Muralitharan

S Warne vs. Bangladesh & Zimbabwe: 6 wickets @ 22.83 (1 test [never versed Bangladesh])

Wow

thats a huge difference
I'll update that stat on the 1st page

TheParraboy

Staff member
J-Man said:
That really is a telling stat.

Another interesting statistic -

Warne has played 128 test matches, with 57 being played at home.
Muralitharan has played 93 test matches, with 55 played at home.

This means Warne has played at home 45% of the time compared to Murali playing at home almost 60% of the time.

thanx J-Man

Ill update the stats to include this on the first page as well

Any worthy stats like this appreciated, wether for or against either bowler

lockyno1

Post Whore
Timbo said:

Well there you go! Always playing quality opposition there!:lol:

Fairleigh Good! said:
Ashley Giles is better than them both.

When was the last time you saw Warne or Murali win the ASHES:lol:

The wheely bin has to go down as oone of the greatest pie chuckers of all time. He is right up there with Richard Dawson who came on the last Ashes tour of Australia.

sanjane

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Well there you go! Always playing quality opposition there!:lol:

you can only play who you are asked to...

you have to understand that Murali's record in India isnt that great...and so all the myths about the subcontinent...???

it's funny how you guys always bring down the kumbles, the mushtaqs, the muralis and the harbhajans by saying they play on spin-friendly wickets but will not rate the zaheers, the chamindas and the akhtars anywhere near your McGraths & co...despite them playing on pace-friendly wickets.

Timbo, just because he pleases the fans and is a top class, in fact, legendary cricketer, does that mean he can cheat on his wife.....in some countries, he'd be shot in the middle of the street, in many he'd be jailed....NO freakin joke! cricketer or not!

Murali married perfectly according to our culture, but if cheating on your wife is part of Aussie culture, then I guess Warne can't be blamed by you. He can, by me, though!

sanjane

Juniors
Timbo said:
Shane Warne is one of the nicest blokes in the universe off the field. I've never seen another player more willing to bend over backwards for the fans.

This coming from a man who's nation was captained by Arjuna IneedaRunnatunga.

Twiz, here's Murali's efforts outside SL:

Australia: 3 wickets @ 116
India: 15 @ 48.73
New Zealand: 13 @ 29.38
Zimbabwe: 26 @ 27.54
England: 24 @ 21.54 (16 of those in one lone test)
South Africa: 35 @ 26.03
West Indies: 25 @ 18.24
Pakistan: 49 @ 21.49
Bangladesh: nil

Bangladesh were and are better players of spin than England. so, your point is...?

brenno

Juniors
How about the fact that the chucker has taken over 100 test wickets against opposition which is not upto international standard? I think it's a disgrace that this abomination of a thrower is even considered in the same breath as Warne. It's disgusting that he has over 500 test wickets, absolutely vile... And the fact you keep mentioning Warne's off field indiscretions show's how bad this comparison is in a cricketing sense. Warne's the greatest spinner that has ever lived. Murali is just a failure of the cricketing coaching system who should have never been allowed to progress to international level let alone pad his stats against the minnows of world cricket!

JJ

Immortal
sanjane said:
Bangladesh were and are better players of spin than England. so, your point is...?

:lol: yeah, they're pretty good.

Warne's a complete tosser SanJane, sub-human in many many ways. But he's the greatest spin bowler to ever play the game

JJ said:

Warne's a complete tosser SanJane, sub-human in many many ways. But he's the greatest spin bowler to ever play the game

I disagree. Warne makes more time for Fans, Tsunami victims, and charities than any other player in the Australian team. I will never forget at the SCG about 3 years ago watching him warm up in the nets and a young boy with down sindrome was yelling out to him "go warny" etc. Warne went over to him and started talking to him and every time he bowled a ball he would ask him " how was my line there?: or "a bit too short mate?" The bloke was so excited you could see it on his face. Saying he is sub-human is going way too far.

Sure he has had his women/sex problems but I think that is a problem that should be left to himself and his wife. The bloke is a true champion.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Shane Warne is a great bloke.

Who am i to belittle him or accuse him of being a horrible person for things that go on in his personal life? In not Rebbeca Wilson.

The bloke is a great guy. Does things for charity, always easy going and able to have a laugh with the fans and is a true sportman as evidenced by the fact that he's always the first bloke to congratulate an opponent.

He has my utmost respect and is easily my favourite Aussie player. Warnie is a legend.

dice

Juniors
From http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/as-if-the-trophy-isnt-enough-now-the-barmy-army-wants-to-keepwarney-as-well-8230/2005/09/13/1126377314428.html

Later, however, they [barmy army] serenaded him with a new song that caught the champion leg spinner by surprise: "Wish you were English, we only wish you were English." As Warne acknowledged the unexpected salute, his teammates turned to stare in astonishment.
Sanjane, you are a tool. I can't see the Poms or Aussies ever singing the same tune for Murali.

BTW, a very nice gesture from the barmy army to acknowledge Warne as the true champion he is.

sanjane

Juniors
JJ said:

He's arguably the greatest......

I don't have any problem with anyone who thinks he's the best spinner ever, but it just aint my opinion.

He's great, he's legendary, but there's another guy from my country that I prefer and will always rate higher...as a cricketer and a person.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
sanjane said:
you can only play who you are asked to...

But Murali doesn't play who he is asked to

he plays at home on wickets prepared for him with a wire brush, and only against who ever he wants to

lockyno1

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
But Murali doesn't play who he is asked to

he plays at home on wickets prepared for him with a wire brush, and only against who ever he wants to

Sanjane, did Murali play in Australia last time....NO! You hypocrit! He only plays where he gets easy wickets! He had to stay home for "personal problems", yeah very funny, I am sure everyone believed him:roll:. Warne is a champion and it would be a disgrace for the game if Murali gets the most wickets. Warne has revolutionised spin bowling and deserves all the credit that he gets. A legend!

Latest posts