What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warren Ryan on Kimmorley

cheese

Bench
Oh I see.

But I stated neither as upper echelon in their own right?!

That's ok. Didn't think so.

millersnose

Post Whore
so 1 winger

do you think the lack of 'upper echelon' players in our backline has an effect on our ability to compete in the nrl?

cheese

Bench
No.

Because for the most part, it's a level playing field. When measured historically, it may not appear strong. But strength is measured against current opposition.

I think our squad as a whole is a very competitive when measured against the weakness of the current NRL.

millersnose

Post Whore
cheese said:

so a weaker backline has no disadvantage when playing against a stronger backline?

Because for the most part, it's a level playing field. When measured historically, it may not appear strong. But strength is measured against current opposition.

where would you rate our current backline in the nrl?

cheese

Bench
millersnose said:
so a weaker backline has no disadvantage when playing against a stronger backline?

A stronger forward pack has no advantage playing against a weaker forward pack?

where would you rate our current backline in the nrl?

About middle of the rung

millersnose

Post Whore
well you have listed only 1 of our current team - 1 who has been injured and out during our recent poor run and another with an 'if'

so do you still think our currnt backline , where you say we only have 1 very good player, is 'middle of the rung'?

cheese

Bench
Injury hurts every team.

Not many, if any, have upper echeloners to call on when their upper echeloners are injured

cheese

Bench
Your question is assessing an injury depleted backline.

All teams have problems with injury depletion.

We have dominated possession and metreage most games all year.

Our middle of the rung backline has had more than enough opportunities handed to them by our exceptional upper echelon forward pack.

Our halfback can't orchestrate a try.

I've seen Georgie Carmont score some sensational tries off the back of joey.

cheese

Bench
You're obviously missing a very salient point.

If you can't comprehend it, I understand. It is quite technical.

millersnose

Post Whore
lol

that squirming was fun to watch

and at least he had a go unlike some of the more illustrious noddophobes