What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

warrington wolves signings from the dragons

Anonymous

Juniors
Wilshere for back lacks genuine pace and Leikvoll for a forward lacks genuine go forward. Apart from that, they're fine. :D
But good luck to them and they should do well in the UK.

You're being a bit harsh on Johnny Wilshire. He's played some very good games for us and he did his best in an injury ridden and under performing back line.

I think he'll do well at Wire.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Dennis, as usual I totally agree with you.

Leikvoll had numerous opportunities since 1999 & produced nothing. In my opinion, he's First Division material. He doesn't have the talent nor motivation to succeed at the top level. I predict he'll fail at Wire too.

Wilshere is a trier. On very limited opportunities in Saints first grade he held his own. I think there's room for improvment in his game so hopefully more game time at Warrington will help him develop...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
I think we're all in agreement about Leikvoll.

But I have to disagree regarding Wilshere. I watched him in the trials and he seemed to be out of his depth even then... and time went on, I realised that he just lacked pace. When young Creagh replaced him, the difference regarding potential was obvious, imho.

Wilshere might be a trier and good luck to him.

griffwire

Juniors
thanks for your opinions guys, from the forwards we have already and the ones we have signed in the closed season, i dont think leikvoll will be a regular, i think we got him on the cheap and plus he doesnt count on the overseas quota due to having a british passport. The same probably applies with wilshire, we already have Brent Grose and Graham Appo, who were both revelations in superleague last year, but underated in australia, so you never know how leikvoll and wilshire will get on in britain.

does anyone know if there is a website for dapto rugby league team, a few of my mates play for them.

cheers

griff

Anonymous

Juniors
I dont think they have a website either.
Steve Morris was a Dapto junior - the last player to have represented Australia while playing in the country. I don't follow the South Coast comps much but I think Dapto are fairing quite well in a number of grades at the moment.

For some reason most people think Dapto is only known for it's Dog track... Slippery would have to be a bigger claim to fame.