What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors Awards 2024

His play certainly helped Barnett, and indeed the halves etc. I agree he might have impacted others negatively but the reality is the players wouldn’t have voted for him if that was the case…. I think you should be looking elsewhere for the problems… the halves were ineffective generally, the backline plod, edge forwards similar, Egan faded, CNK is an energiser bunny but average at this level … and Webster’s selections and gameplan
I mentioned all of those issues in my season breakdown in the other thread. The point about AFB is just my opinion on how his presence could potentially affect other players waiting for their opportunity. If I were a Sifakula or Maiu'u, I might start noticing the double standards—if you're elite, you get certain privileges, but if you're not, like Tevaga, you're seen as expendable because you don't produce the same numbers as AFB.

AFB had a remarkable season individually, and I thank him for that, but I also got an elephant memory when it comes to his professionalism.

JJ

Immortal
His professionalism was an issue before he came here, so we were eyes wide open on that. Personally I think he’s been great, he’s an all world prop, has played very well and very consistently for us, and created no obvious problems aside from one’s made up in here… I think contracts should be honoured but that’s not the NRL’s way…

He’s hardly a problem and I expect Cronulla can’t wait for what he adds.

I think Fish is wonderful, but he can’t do on field what AFB does

Blair

Coach
AFB was the most popular player? But how did the voting go? 'AFB 5, Tohu 4, Mitch 4, Charnze 3...'

So, AFB has five supporters. A shame the Tohu and Mitch vote was split, Charnze shouldn't have blocked Roger at fullback, otherwise three more would've backed him in...