What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors Awards 2024

His play certainly helped Barnett, and indeed the halves etc. I agree he might have impacted others negatively but the reality is the players wouldn’t have voted for him if that was the case…. I think you should be looking elsewhere for the problems… the halves were ineffective generally, the backline plod, edge forwards similar, Egan faded, CNK is an energiser bunny but average at this level … and Webster’s selections and gameplan
I mentioned all of those issues in my season breakdown in the other thread. The point about AFB is just my opinion on how his presence could potentially affect other players waiting for their opportunity. If I were a Sifakula or Maiu'u, I might start noticing the double standards—if you're elite, you get certain privileges, but if you're not, like Tevaga, you're seen as expendable because you don't produce the same numbers as AFB.

AFB had a remarkable season individually, and I thank him for that, but I also got an elephant memory when it comes to his professionalism.

JJ

Immortal
His professionalism was an issue before he came here, so we were eyes wide open on that. Personally I think he’s been great, he’s an all world prop, has played very well and very consistently for us, and created no obvious problems aside from one’s made up in here… I think contracts should be honoured but that’s not the NRL’s way…

He’s hardly a problem and I expect Cronulla can’t wait for what he adds.

I think Fish is wonderful, but he can’t do on field what AFB does

Blair

Coach
AFB was the most popular player? But how did the voting go? 'AFB 5, Tohu 4, Mitch 4, Charnze 3...'

So, AFB has five supporters. A shame the Tohu and Mitch vote was split, Charnze shouldn't have blocked Roger at fullback, otherwise three more would've backed him in...

JJ

Immortal
AFB was the most popular player? But how did the voting go? 'AFB 5, Tohu 4, Mitch 4, Charnze 3...'

So, AFB has five supporters. A shame the Tohu and Mitch vote was split, Charnze shouldn't have blocked Roger at fullback, otherwise three more would've backed him in...
Speculation or published somewhere?

I was negative but AFB has been a terrific signing tbh

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Listen to plenty of podcasts, and a few well connected ones that don’t deal in bullshit said what they’d heard wasn’t great but didn’t go any deeper than that. He got dropped for a week so obviously there was something going on, and there was something posted on here after the Titans flogging that he and Jazz were going at it on the sideline

Not everyone has to get along though, and performances always shine through. Hadlee wasn’t popular at all with the mid 80s cricket side, and wasn’t on speaking terms with the captain for a while, but was always the MVP

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Considering some of the absolute donkeys we’ve had in regards to professionalism over the years (up to and including Curran for turning up to the season review hungover) I don’t think we’ve really had much call to criticise AFB in that regard.

Grizzman

Juniors
For me, Barnett has been the outstanding player of the year. He was quieter towards the end of the season to be fair, but he was probably buggered. He played himself to a standstill every week and shown leadership on top. I said when he signed him, he was going to be good and I'm rapt that this has been borne out. Fish and Barnett are going to be the senior cornerstones of a very good pack next year!

Big Marn

Bench
For me, Barnett has been the outstanding player of the year. He was quieter towards the end of the season to be fair, but he was probably buggered. He played himself to a standstill every week and shown leadership on top. I said when he signed him, he was going to be good and I'm rapt that this has been borne out. Fish and Barnett are going to be the senior cornerstones of a very good pack next year!
i wonder how good he would go if he had AFB's frame.