What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors minus four confirmed

The Colonel

Immortal
Warriors minus four confirmed
March 10, 2006

NEW Zealand Warriors will go into its opening round NRL clash against Melbourne on minus-four points after the league today confirmed the penalty for salary cap breaches would stand.

Earlier this week the Warriors provided the NRL with a written submission contesting the breach notice which penalised the club four competition points and $430,000 for salary cap breaches in 2004 and 2005.
The Warriors had argued against the severity of the four-point penalty, and confirmed the efforts they had undertaken to remedy all breaches.
But after considering the Warriors' written submission, the NRL decided to proceed with the penalties as outlined to the club last week.
The club, which now complies with the salary cap following a final audit of all existing contracts and projections, will not lodge any further appeal.
"The important thing in all of this has been to ensure that the Warriors and indeed all clubs enter the 2006 competition in full compliance with the salary cap," NRL chief executive David Gallop said today.
"The Warriors management have been very professional in the way they have gone about this process and in the way they have cooperated with the salary cap auditor.
"It is important that people now allow the club, having incurred its penalty, to move forward."

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18413572-23210,00.html

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think it'll stuff up if using minuses - chances are they'll wait til they win 2 games

Anything less than this decision....would have been an absolute TRAVESTY!

It's borderline farcical as it is!...But still - glad it's finally finished & out of the way (Unless the Warriors are mental enough to go to court over a mere 4 points...)

Now - BRING ON THE FOOTYYYYYYYYYYY! :D

eloquentEEL

First Grade
The Colonel said:
The club, which now complies with the salary cap following a final audit of all existing contracts and projections,

I'm assuming one of the "projections" is that Villasanti will not be used in first grade all year

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If they take the game to court over four points they deserve to be booted and quite frankly NZRL will be dead in the water. The 'Dogs copped 37 points after appealing once got nowhere and gave up.

The Warriors are just as guilty of cheating the system and I quite frankly will be PO'd to the max if they drag our great game through the system.

Razor

Coach
dodge said:
I think it'll stuff up if using minuses - chances are they'll wait til they win 2 games

Nope I assume they use a SQL database to do the table - with wins, losses, draws and then use then use the sort function in retrieving the table. All they need to do is to add an adjustment column to the table and use that in the retireval.

ozbash

Referee
time to get on with it for mine.

stupid idea appealing the nrl decision, i thought the warriors were lucky losing just the 4 points.

eloquentEEL said:
I'm assuming one of the "projections" is that Villasanti will not be used in first grade all year

Doesn't matter as I HIGHLY doubt Villa is on 'Match Payments Only' contract - and so they pay him what they pay him - whether he plays 0 games this season - or 103.

If a player was on such a contract was tapped on the back and told to 'move along son' as it were...then they would cop the tip - and move along - QUICKLY!

So if Villa does not play this season - its because Cleary doesn't rate him as a player (And I couldn't blame him for that - because neithier do I!!).

But - I spose it is possible he has 'bonus clauses' built into his contract that *could* be based around appearances - so anyone with contractual info @ the Warriors - Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Latest posts