What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors release PJ

JJ

Immortal
I'd imagine PJ's priorities at the moment are his health and his family.

If and when he's ready for football, many cloubs would be interested - probably in the halves though, I would worry about him in the forwards now, and he might worry too

Iafeta

Referee
NZ Warrior, from being a journo don't believe half of what you read.

Remember the Warriors press releases over Ali Lauitiiti

Monty: somethnig along the lines of "I don't want to fight for someone who's not prepared to fight hard in the trenches for the Vodafone Warriors"

Stacey: something along the lines of "I've lost my pace this year. I'm trying to reinvent my game under the guidance of Tony Kemp and Daniel Anderson."

Hmmmm.... Monty would lose a lot of respect from his fellow players if he said that, if Stacey said that thats tantamount to Shane Webcke saying he'd lost the ability to hit the ball up hard and he may be thinking of playing lock next season. Ain't going to happen.

Contracts are treated with utter contempt at the Warriors, think of Ali Lauitiiti's situation. If something doesn't suit the club they don't give a flying F about the person involved and then they crock up some media release to cover their own backsides. Allen Mac has said that PJ himself, and people close to PJ have said that PJ wanted to stay a Warrior, I doubt he'd instigate negotiations for an early release from a $200,000 contract when there's no definitive guarantee of his playing future.

C'mon mate, I love the club as much as the next bloke but the Warriors have little integrity these days for contracts or honesty in dealing with the public.

All I can say is, god bless PJ Marsh, you are an absolute champion on and off the field, god bless and good luck. Even most Warrior fans hope you get your clearance and carve us up for the Eels next year.

Iafeta

Referee
Indeed, rugbyleague.co.nz reckons quite probably PJ was pushed from the Warriors. Time for Eric Watson to push Mick Watson. Get lost you bald headed badger, first Ali, then Henry, not PJ? Shut your pie hole and leave the club behind. Its time for you to move on.

It appears PJ Marsh did not jump, he was pushed.

Marsh and the Warriors have parted company, with the hooker moving back to Sydney.

His manager Jim Banaghan says the decision was not made by Marsh. Banaghan says the Warriors approached Marsh and himself two weeks ago and asked Marsh to leave.

He says Marsh did not initiate the process, but it did end up being mutually agreed upon.

Banaghan is 95 percent confident that Marsh will get a medical clearance from doctors in October after a lengthy neck injury has seen him sidelined for 16 months.

Banaghan says the other NRL clubs are champing at the bit to get hold of him.

He says within three hours of the announcement he had received two offers, and expects to have up to eight before the week is out.

salivor

First Grade
Good to see that not every Warriors fan is buying the crap thats being pedalled by the club.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
This is all just bullshit. It really is.

I cannot believe it. Why believe anything any more.

There are benefits in these troubled times to be an absolute recluse. I give up.

Moggles

Juniors
PJ went over to the Warriors to follow Anderson from the Eels.
Anderson has gone, maybe that had a bit to do with it too?