What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors to Vegas 2025

I keep hearing people saying Warriors are off to Vegas next year, but haven't seen anything offically announced.

Anything offical or off the record?

Man I’d love to do it too but pretty sure it’ll be during the school term and it’s my boy’s last year of high school next year. I don’t want to take him out of school but I don’t want to go without him either.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I'n not at all excited about this or confident that it will be good for our season
Was interested to see Gus Gould pulled the Dogs out of the equation very early on, a couple of months into the season he made the point that all 4 teams that went to Vegas were performing below expectations

Also follow the Breakers, they made the decision that a week into the season they would head over to America and play NBA sides, felt like it set their season back and they ended up chasing their tails for most of it

Was interested to see Gus Gould pulled the Dogs out of the equation very early on, a couple of months into the season he made the point that all 4 teams that went to Vegas were performing below expectations

Also follow the Breakers, they made the decision that a week into the season they would head over to America and play NBA sides, felt like it set their season back and they ended up chasing their tails for most of it
I get the caution but for me, the fact the Roosters have managed it brilliantly counts for more than the fact the others haven’t.

Souths were a basket case going in to begin with (at the time), and the Broncs started sliding after losing Reynolds in to an injury that could’ve happened anywhere. For Manly, maybe could argue the disruption meant Turbo’s dodgy hammy didn’t get all the preseason love it needed to last a full year… maybe? that'd be tenuous though.

Gus is obviously a smart man but I'm glad our club stayed in the mix. Just wish I could get over there.

Blair

Coach
When I went to Las Vegas I wanted to feel like I was in Las Vegas, a foreign city, in a foreign country (albeit quite culturally 'familiar').

I know I'll sound 'elitist' but, truth be told, if I'm spending all that money, and going all that way, I don't want to feel like I'm at Homebush or Mt Smart.

I'd go if I won a competition (as part of the no-holds-barred promotion there must be trips to be won?) but, in the desert heat (although it can be cool in March), it would still make my blood run cold turning the corner and seeing hordes of league fans approaching.

(Go ahead, call me a ***t!)

Latest posts