What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

warriors vs manly

Michael Bishop

Juniors
If the Warriors don't suffer from Grand Final nerves it should be very close. Think Manly can win but not by much. Glenn Stewart back is a big bonus but that will be somewhat nullified if we were to lose Matai and Williams.

supercharger

Juniors
If history is anything to go by Manly will win it. Their GF experience should calm them for the task.

I was at the game tonight and the Warriors looked like they were celebrating a Grand Final win. How many times have we seen that happen? Get into the GF, celebrate like crazy then flop miserably.

But with this side anything is possible. They were very strong tonight.
I dont buy that the Warriors squad contains players who were involved in the world cup and 4 nations triumphs
(a little bit of topic but the green bay won the superbowl despite having zero players with previous superbowl experience)
I'm happy to finally have a team to get behind for the GF been like 6 years

eagles4eva

Coach
Good luck to the warriors, hoping that Eagles get up, if they were to loose happy it's the warriors rather than the storm

maccattack

Juniors
from the outside it almost looked like sydney got behind manly for their last GF do you see that happening again?

Well I think that was mostly media driven. If you remember that was all about the chicken wing and all that stuff. It was unreal to think Sydney wold get behind Manly but thats what happened. Personally Id rather fry my nuts in oil (no offence manly fans ;-))

Hopefully this time around normal transmission will be restored and everyone will go for the team that is playing Manly. Besides how can you not like the Warriors?

AuDragon

Juniors
I haven't seen the game yet, but congratulations to the Warriors, whom I hope will win the GF as well.

Great advertisement for the game in NZ, even more so during the Yawnion WC. You'd almost believe in conspiracies! :crazy:

seaeagle sam

Well done Warriors. Can't wait for this game, huge match ups all over the park. Can you ask team management to select a Georgie Rose clone?

nz eagle

Juniors
Should be a great game. Two great sets of halves, Manly have the better backline, Warriors with the better forwards - could be one of the best grand finals in years.

Bananabender

Juniors
Should be a great GF. I'll be cheering on MANLY but like most of the above posts, wont be too disappointed if the Warriors win. Much better to hear the Storm and Broncs are OUT! Good Riddance!
PS Bellamy let the Storm down too by the way, with all his abusive temper and negativity on the sidelines. Just watch him if you replay the match. A complete guide to "How NOT to motivate/encourage your Team". The morale in the team would have reached boiling point. Oh well, glad he went crazy anyway. Got the best result.

Will be like the game last year - Dragons overwhelming favourites, Roosters got in there on emotion and just didn't have one more game of magic in them.

Manly will win by about 20 points.

hitman82

Bench
Not sure if I'd say we got there on emotion. We beat the Storm with a very clever game plan, excellent discipline and outstanding tenacity.

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Not sure if I'd say we got there on emotion. We beat the Storm with a very clever game plan, excellent discipline and outstanding tenacity.

This. Forwards were devastating, great stuff from the big men. The Storm paid for every metre.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Will be like the game last year - Dragons overwhelming favourites, Roosters got in there on emotion and just didn't have one more game of magic in them.

Manly will win by about 20 points.

The warriors have been building for this for 2-3 years. Their performances over the last 2 weeks have shown they are a team in form, not just a team riding a wave. Manly will try to blitzkrieg them early, if they sustain that they have the composure to win. The signing of inu and Mateo, 2 players with GF experience may prove to be a brainwave.

Manly are deserved Favourites but has their run in has been ok rather than spectacular.

Latest posts