What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was Matt HEAD's disallowed try an try ?

Was that a TRY or NO TRY

• NO TRY

Votes: 87 66.9%
  • TRY !!!!!!!

Votes: 43 33.1%

• Total voters

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
DR490NS said:
what about consistency in the nrl...thats not the only case
Why call for consistency when a bad ruling has occured? You want referees to uphold the rules of the NRL, not to bandwagon poor decisions in a misguided display of solidarity.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
No try! None of them should be, screw this fingertip pressure crap. You either ground the bloody ball or you don't. You see people getting punished for 'lose carries' but when someone has a lose carry and still manages to ground the ball with a fingernail its a TRY. bullsh*t!

hot frost

Juniors
ShadesOfTheSun said:
Why call for consistency when a bad ruling has occured? You want referees to uphold the rules of the NRL, not to bandwagon poor decisions in a misguided display of solidarity.

I agree. Would we rather have several similar incorrect calls or get it wrong only once?

Did you see heads face, when hampstead went to the video ??? he had his head down, which means he knows he lost it.

from the Replays, he had no control of it, i didnt see any downward pressure at all, imo he bounced it, the last split mili-second, before the ball hit the ground.

thommo4pm

Coach
It was a try.
His hand never came away from the ball...he still had the ball in his hand as it hit the ground and his fingers were on it.
That's all you need to score a try.
Regardless of if people "think" he was losing control of it, fact is he still had it when the ball touched the ground, it was a try and a disgraceful decision.

thommo4pm said:
It was a try.
His hand never came away from the ball...he still had the ball in his hand as it hit the ground and his fingers were on it.
That's all you need to score a try.
Regardless of if people "think" he was losing control of it, fact is he still had it when the ball touched the ground, it was a try and a disgraceful decision.

Mat Head Himself knew he lost it, he showed the expression as soon as hampstead indicated that it was going upstairs

explain that.

Electric_Eels

Juniors
if luke burts was a no try vs penrith, then head's was as well.

although if it was me i would have said benefit of the doubt. but then thats me.

Raiding Dazz said:
No try,he didnt have control of the putdown and it saids in the rule book you need to have control

In fact Bill Harrogen said on NRL on Fox a few weeks ago that control of the ball is not an issue.

thommo4pm

Coach
Rabbitohs2005 said:
Mat Head Himself knew he lost it, he showed the expression as soon as hampstead indicated that it was going upstairs

explain that.

How do you know what he was feeling/thinking?
I saw him turn around and look behind.
Do you think maybe it was just because he heard Cummins blow his whistle and he was looking to see if he awarded it or not?
I never saw the facial expression chane at all.

How does his expression give any indication on whether or not it was a legitimate try?
Matt Cooper last week came up thinking he had not scored yet it was given a try against Penrith.
Why didn't they show the replay in normal speed? You would have seen it was a try.
This slowing down to screen by screen is crap.

colonel_123

Juniors
As a Tiger's fan I'd have been happy to see it awarded. (Well not happy with them getting a try but happy with the decision)

I figure you're just splitting hairs and looking for a reason to not award a try in those circumstances.

I mean come on he was through the line, there was no player around him, they've got the try give them the points.

I often notice that when a player dives and rolls in scoring a try I often wonder if they actually got the ball down on the ground (I remember a try Prince scored for Wests last season or the one before where he did a roll as he scored and left me wondering if the ball had ever touched the ground) but you figure the ref are just assuming they've gotten it down, even if it never actually touched the ground.

I think the same sort of benefit of the doubt could have been awarded in this case and Cummins should have just given the try.

coolumsharkie

Referee
colonel_123 said:
As a Tiger's fan I'd have been happy to see it awarded. (Well not happy with them getting a try but happy with the decision)

I figure you're just splitting hairs and looking for a reason to not award a try in those circumstances.

I mean come on he was through the line, there was no player around him, they've got the try give them the points.

I often notice that when a player dives and rolls in scoring a try I often wonder if they actually got the ball down on the ground (I remember a try Prince scored for Wests last season or the one before where he did a roll as he scored and left me wondering if the ball had ever touched the ground) but you figure the ref are just assuming they've gotten it down, even if it never actually touched the ground.

I think the same sort of benefit of the doubt could have been awarded in this case and Cummins should have just given the try.

bullsh*t!

If we ignore the fundementals, the simple things the whole game goes to sh*t.

petetheileet

First Grade
DR490NS said:
how can you say no try....where on those replays did it show hes skin leaving the ball???????????

Asolute dead seat f**kn truth, i cant believe this bullsh*t...

the only way no try shopuld have been given is if there was a certainty that there was space between the fingers and the ball.....

I may be one-eyed, but i still been f**kn robbed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coolumsharkie

Referee
petetheileetirate said:
Sharks Raiders or Bunnies to win spoon
Saints to finish 5 - 9
Sharks to embarrass themselves before round 12

1.Roosters or Dragons to win the spoon

2.Wrong!!

3.40-4

:cool: