What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was Matt HEAD's disallowed try an try ?

Was that a TRY or NO TRY

• NO TRY

Votes: 87 66.9%
  • TRY !!!!!!!

Votes: 43 33.1%

• Total voters

thommo4pm

Coach
wittyfan said:
Soon you'll have a wooden spoon to shove where the sun don't shine.

Care to make a bet on that?
I guarantee we don't get it, and then I tell you what, you can go and visit which ever team does and stick it up yours.
Stupid comment.
Go back to admiring League's sexiest man....clown.

rabs

Staff member
no try, for christs sake score like fulton did eh? no dramas then

DR490NS

Juniors
For All You'se Ppl Who Say Its A No Try Aka Dragon Haters...go Download The Footage Of It On Page 3 Of This Discussion And When You Open It In Windows Media Player, Press Pause And Click Frame By Frame And See When The Ball First Touches The Ground If Hes Hand Has Left The Ball....i Dare You'se...cause Ive Just Done It About 100 Times And All Of Those 100 Times Tells Me It Was Clearly A Try.

Balmain_Boy

I thought it was a try, but after watching the video put up by Paul (ta mate), I think i've changed my mind.Watching the video, it looks like Head places the ball on the ground. Does that constitute sufficient downward pressure? Hypothetically, if there was a kick put through and the ball was stationary in the in goal area, and a player's hand glided over the ball like that, I doubt many people would be advocating it be awarded.

DR490NS

Juniors
But when you look at the second angle, it shows when the ball first touches the ground that heads hand hasnt left the ball and hes hand is on top of the ball, constituing downward pressure.

*Paul*

Juniors
Well that's the dilemma.. the ball starts to leave his hands, but he still has the finger tips on it as it hits the ground. Is this really downward pressure? I say: Not sufficiently so.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Speaking of wooden spoons, some Dragons supporter was walking around holding one at the end of todays game.

I couldn't work out what it was for, so I kindly informed him that it must be for his team.

DR490NS

Juniors
was that a joke or something cause i dont see anyone laughing....you dont worry bout the dragons....where like this every year. Remember during the 05 season, 5/6 then finished equal first.

phonetic

Juniors
There should have been this option in the poll

"due to inconsistancy and general imcompetence on the part of video referee's throughout the season, I have no idea if that was a try or not. I am almost sure they are tossing a coin in the vid ref booth, or playing scissors paper rock to decide whether there is 'downward pressure' or not.

Whoever is making reference to the Kearney try at Shark Park, that is the benchmark for me. There was not an ounce of control in that instance but it was given. I don't know.

He should have just put the thing down with two hands anyway. What is wrong with using two hands?? Or just tuck it into the chest and fall on it.

It sums up our season so far. Childish, stupid, brainless. It was superb lead up play from Ryles and Hornby, and really deserved 4 points.

jimmythehand

Juniors
it's obviously a judgement call.

When I saw it live I thought "hello, what's he done here". Just because he has a finger on the ball at all times doesn't mean that he has control of it. It was a bounce for mine.

Perhaps someone should post the rules regarding Harragon saying control of the ball does not play a part, I always thought it did and Head had lost control..

The Preacher

First Grade
The video ref said NO TRY, so that's what it was, no try!
If Head would've just fallen to the ground with the ball wrapped up, it was a try, but he decided to be a 5 star goose and make an extra 5 meters and f**ked up.
Fundamental football and it was a try, act like a goose, NO TRY.

drake

First Grade
I'd love to revise history and say it was a try, but Head just plain f**ked up. Fall on the ball, stop showboating.

Latest posts