What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was Penrith's Win Legal?

AdamH

Juniors
Bloody hell. We win the comp and all you Roosters supporters seem to do is try and bring our supporters down!

Apart from about 5 seasons in our clubs history our supporters have put up with shite! Finishing last in 2001 and underachieving! Let us enjoy the win for gods sake.

I can't believe the Roosters supporters are saying crap like this after all the shite they've had to put up with over the Bulldogs drama and their "Claytons Premiership"

FFS GET OVER IT YOU TOOL!!!

P.S. Panthers 18 Roosters 6! SUCK IT!

Frenzy

Juniors
roostergirl said:
What is it with The Sharks Fans??? Trying to bring everyone down to their level.....gee who is next?????

Penrith won 2003......End of Story.

You can change that now to how it should really be written.

What is it with The Roosters Fans??? Trying to bring everyone down to their level......gee who is next?????

Being on this forum brings a lot of laughs, a lot of decent discussion, a fair bit of heated debate and a sprinkling of news not available elsewhere.

The undisputed highlight though, without a doubt, is witnessing roostergirl make a goose of herself each and every day.

CliffyGC

Juniors
Frenzy said:
roostergirl said:
What is it with The Sharks Fans??? Trying to bring everyone down to their level.....gee who is next?????

Penrith won 2003......End of Story.

You can change that now to how it should really be written.

What is it with The Roosters Fans??? Trying to bring everyone down to their level......gee who is next?????

Being on this forum brings a lot of laughs, a lot of decent discussion, a fair bit of heated debate and a sprinkling of news not available elsewhere.

The undisputed highlight though, without a doubt, is witnessing roostergirl make a goose of herself each and every day.
Hey frenzy without a doubt you would have to be one of the biggest knob gobblers on these forums.

look mate ill even fix the typos in your post up

What is it with The Sharks Fans??? Trying to bring everyone down to their level......gee who is next?????

The undisputed highlight though, without a doubt, is witnessing Frenzy the twinkie and the other sharks androtops make a goose of themselves each and every day.

ILL ASK AGAIN WHAT HAS CRONULLA WON IN THE LAST 37 YEARS????

Once Dead

Bench
I also bring this point up too........but not to discredit Penrith - but the absurdity and disgraceful nature in which they got rid of clubs under the guise of an all knowing all powerful criteria......if the criteria was the best for the league - why was Penrith considered so lowly? The criteria was wrong and just a cover for unfair dealing in my mind........

chileman

Coach
CliffyGC SharkSlayer said:
Who here is SICK OF WANKERS in here trying to belittle the achievements of other clubs. Its nothing but jealously. Roosters one in 2002 because they deserved it, Penrith won this year because they deserved it.

If your team like mine struggled in 2003 GET OVER IT and look forward in hope for an improved 2004.
From where I'm sitting...isn't that what you have been doing to the Sharks fans and club the past couple of days (even though their achievements are zilch and the club is a joke ATM but hopefully for Rugby League sake will get out of it :p ) maybe we should all practise what we preach!

MR GEORGE said:
they won the comp fair and square accept it.

Fair and square except for the fact that they shouldn't be in the competition ... They should have been thrown out at the end of 1999 and, given that they have the smallest supporter base of any club, and the worst crowds, I doubt they'd have had the community support to rally for their reinstatement, like the mighty Rabbitohs did.

They're premiers. Full stop. But there will always be an asterisk after their name.

I didn't think they were particularly classy in the build up to the grand final, either, with several ex players and current officials making unsavoury comments about their opponents.

They won, but they did so without any class or dignity.

I don't think it was such a good look for rugby league.

Blind Willie McTell said:
MR GEORGE said:

Fair and square except for the fact that they shouldn't be in the competition ... They should have been thrown out at the end of 1999 and, given that they have the smallest supporter base of any club, and the worst crowds, I doubt they'd have had the community support to rally for their reinstatement, like the mighty Rabbitohs did.

They're premiers. Full stop. But there will always be an asterisk after their name.

I didn't think they were particularly classy in the build up to the grand final, either, with several ex players and current officials making unsavoury comments about their opponents.

Makes you cringe doesn't it Willie. How they could act all arrogant and stuff and still WIN.

Unlike the Rorters who were quietly confident. lol

By the way, your last album was shite.

Bengal

Juniors
MR GEORGE said:

You see a lot for a blind man!

You're the only one putting an asterisk to their name.

How far back are we going to go?
How many more times are we going to dredge up the past?

I like you once shared simular view about Penrith based on their pathetic crowd support.
But that was then, this is now and I'm very happy for them!

paulquinn49

Bench
AdamH said:
FFS GET OVER IT YOU TOOL!!!!

"Tool" -- LMAO! Haven't heard that one since Year 9, 1983!

Arent you a little old to be acting like a little b*itch then?

Penrith won

Easts/Sydney City/whatever they called themselves this year lost.

Fair and square, every time roosters lose must there be a whole conspiracy theory/ "we lost, they didnt win"???

PENRITH PANTHERS 18
Rooney 2, Priddis tries; Campbell 2, Girdler goals

Defeated

SYDNEY ROOSTERS 6
Hegarty try; Fitzgibbon goal

Everlovin' Antichrist said:
MR GEORGE said:
Makes you cringe doesn't it Willie. How they could act all arrogant and stuff and still WIN.

Unlike the Rorters who were quietly confident. lol.

Do sportsmanship, respect and class mean anything in rugby league today, or doesn't it?

That's what it comes down to.

Penrith showed themselves to be nothing but buffoons.

They won the game, but that's all they won.

Everlovin' Antichrist said:
MR GEORGE said:

Unlike the Rorters who were quietly confident. lol.

Do sportsmanship, respect and class mean anything in rugby league today, or doesn't it?

That's what it comes down to.

Penrith showed themselves to be nothing but buffoons.

They won the game, but that's all they won.

You're showing all the classic signs of jealousy mate.

I'm sure Craig Gower as he held the trophy aloft was thinking "Bloody hell, Mark Geyer gave us a bad rep.".

Don't be so wet. You were beaten by a better team on the day and whether you like it or not your minority view that Penrith didn't show any class doesn't mean diddley squat to anyone but you and 'tards like Rooster Cogburn.

I happen to think that the Roosters were arrogant throughout the whole of 2003 and was very happy to see them beaten.

Arrogance isn't a good look either.

Chook

First Grade
Listen Mcf**kwit, you're just another wanna be parading as a Rooster fan to stir the shit. True blue Rooster and league fans have said their piece, congratulated Penrith and moved on.

I suggest you do same...or step in front of that bus, either way shut the f**k up!

Chook.

t-ba

Post Whore
News did win the Appeal, yes, but It doesn't stop the Critertia from being one of the Most Convulted things to ever exist.

The Random nature of expulsions (Gold Coast), and punishment of clubs attempting to expand the game (Tigers, Norths) showed how much the NRL really cared.

Congratulations to Penrith. Hopefully clubs like the Bears and Locations like the Gold coast get to stick it to the criteria in the near future.

CliffyGC

Juniors
chileman said:
CliffyGC SharkSlayer said:
Who here is SICK OF WANKERS in here trying to belittle the achievements of other clubs. Its nothing but jealously. Roosters one in 2002 because they deserved it, Penrith won this year because they deserved it.

If your team like mine struggled in 2003 GET OVER IT and look forward in hope for an improved 2004.
From where I'm sitting...isn't that what you have been doing to the Sharks fans and club the past couple of days (even though their achievements are zilch and the club is a joke ATM but hopefully for Rugby League sake will get out of it :p ) maybe we should all practise what we preach!
the differnece is amigo this mob have got nothing and they act like they have a record better than the broncos.
What gives a lowlife like NO Frenzy the right to label one of my friends an idiot.

Hes a knob.

Just remember sharks fans say whatever you like but at the end of the day I as a manly fan have experienced the one thing you blokes never have and thats the total ecstasy of seeing my club win not 1 but 3 comps i can remember seeing.

Say what you want and try to belittle my club as much as you want but at the end of the day i am the one thats richer for seeing my side obtain glory.

Chook said:
Listen Mcf**kwit, you're just another wanna be parading as a Rooster fan to stir the sh*t. True blue Rooster and league fans have said their piece, congratulated Penrith and moved on.

I suggest you do same...or step in front of that bus, either way shut the f**k up!

Chook.

Chook, aren't you the fellow who laughed and made jokes when Allan Langer's father died of cancer?

Yep, I think you are.

Therefore, you are disqualified from any debate on the grounds that you are less than human.