What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was that NZ I saw...

JoeD

First Grade
To put the per capita into Rugby League terms its like the Kiwis v NSW City

BuffaloRules

Coach
I would've thought it was pretty obvious what it proves. There is one gold for every X NZers Vs. one gold for every X Australians, etc.

Or do you think NZ should be aiming to just get the most medals with no allowance for population and resources generally? That seems totally fair and reasonable :roll:

So how good are Grenada & Barbados then? 10 times better then NZ!!

My god you Keewees are Chuppy!!

BuffaloRules

Coach
:lol::lol::lol:

Are you kidding? The amount of per capita articles and news reports that come out in Australia around Olympics time, especially in 2000 were embarrasing.

I hate the per capita shit, means nothing in the end, but to take some sort of stance against one country doing it when Australia has been perhaps the biggest culprit of all in past Olympics is amusing.

My recollections of 2000 are that Australia was happy to beat much bigger countries like France, Italy and Great Britian outright on the medal table then coming up with "per capita" rubbish ...

Australia beats the USA "per capita" every time, but I have never heard much gloating about it....

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I would've thought it was pretty obvious what it proves. There is one gold for every X NZers Vs. one gold for every X Australians, etc.

Or do you think NZ should be aiming to just get the most medals with no allowance for population and resources generally? That seems totally fair and reasonable :roll:

Using that logic, the Warriors not winning every comp since their inclusion has been nothing short of complete failure.

JoeD

First Grade
Clubs are not rep teams. A much better rugby league example is my one :)
Plus Melbourne has the same population as the whole of NZ so they are the same

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
My recollections of 2000 are that Australia was happy to beat much bigger countries like France, Italy and Great Britian outright on the medal table then coming up with "per capita" rubbish ...

Australia beats the USA "per capita" every time, but I have never heard much gloating about it....

Or turned a blind eye to it.

bazza

Immortal
If we excluded all the NZers living in Australia from the per-capita results, Australia would be higher up

shiznit

Coach
I couldnt imagine Australian newspapers gloating about smashing the USA on a per capita basis ...

We have done it again this time, and there is nothing...
i couldn't imagine a NZ newspaper combining Australia and New Zealands medal tally's and labeling it 'Aus Zealand'

aus_zealand_medal_table_2_3_4_N2.jpg

:lol:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well AusZealand would have killed it.

Would take the 4 million kiwis over 4 million Victorians anyday.

ozbash

Referee
Why go through life always comparing yourselves to Australia?

Over a lifetime you are going to end up disappointed....

Nooo

any time we beat you lot far outweighs any dissapointments..

Pound for pound, Aussie falls into the 'also ran' category compared to us..

Just look at your trophy cabinet, theyre all over here..:p

BuffaloRules

Coach
No Fwank, it is outweighed by teams like the Breakers. Magic, Chiefs, U20s kicking your sad arses..

Insular sports except for the 20s where its a massive surprise if you dont win it considering you have a whole country to pick from...

When are you going to win something important like the NRL?

Nooo

any time we beat you lot far outweighs any dissapointments..

Like I said, every dog has its day.. the last 3 Olympics you havent been able to claim a victory on "per capita", "per team size", "medals per GDP" or any other contrived formula you could have come up with, let alone beating Australia in the actual medals won table itself...

Latest posts