What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was the Final Five the perfect system??

Wb1234

Immortal
Any finals system where the greatest reward goes to the minor premiers is the fairest one. They should have to do the least work to get to the GF.
There is little advantage between one and two now

winning the minor premiership is an empty title

I loved the old top five system

King hit

Coach
That happened to us in 2008. Michael Witt basically held our season in his hands when he held the ball in the air taunting the 1st placed Storm before putting it down. We finished 6th and were gone after that.
Lol i can still hear Rabbies commentary "what are you doing put the ball down son"

One of the biggest upsets I can remember in my time

Lol i can still hear Rabbies commentary "what are you doing put the ball down son"

One of the biggest upsets I can remember in my time
Yeah they play that footage quite a lot over here in NZ. Huge upset, but typical of the arsey Wahs of that era. First 8th placed team to ever beat 1st in the McIntyre system.

Rod

Bench
Yes but that was one of the complaints about the McIntyre system that you wouldn't know your possible opponent straight up until after all the matches were completed. Hence they went back to the model they'd used beforehand.
TBH I don't know why that matters, that's unavoidable to some degree in any competition format. The Roosters didn't know their opponent until the end of the weekend anyway.