What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was this the most boring Grand final ever?

melon....

Coach
Did is surpass the sleepy 2000 gF? Did it meet your expectations? Was it a mediocre GF? Was it brilliant?

I dont know what it was. Firstly Congrats to teh Maggettes. Nothing can take away the fact you are NRL Champions.

But tell me you havent seen better club games this year. Where was teh intensity...even the celebrations were brain dead, and subdued.

What about the call....abysmal. Warren should now offically retire. Gould was nowhere to be seen which was great, and the othrs offered jack sh*te.

Over all, IMO, the whole thing including the pathetic half time entertainment with some skank that should be collecting dollar bills swinging from brass poles, was drab and boring.

But then its been a boring season, probably the lowest standard of play for about 4 years.

Still though a couple of good teams played and will go down in history. Thats something special for their players and fans.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think it really lacked that titanic struggle in the forwards that we're so use to seeing in big games. Also though both teams were guilty of dropping too much ball and running side ways too much. Also thought Mander let too much go unpenalised especially regarding the play the ball, really slowed the game down.

Meanie

Juniors
melon.... said:
What about the call....abysmal. Warren should now offically retire. Gould was nowhere to be seen which was great, and the othrs offered jack sh*te.

Sorry but I would've rathered Gould and Vossy, then at least the enthusiasm would've been there.

Fatty really doesn't have it anymore does he? Even before his accident.

rabs

Staff member
the first 20 was intense enough and the cowboys looked winners to me with their strong defence but after that the game was pretty ho-hum, I think someone other than nth qld needed to be there to make it a better game

Hurriflatch

Referee
2002 still ranks as the most boring Grand Final only good thing in that game was Villasanti headbutting Fittler :lol:

to be honest other then the few mins surrounding THAT try in 1999 all GRand Finals since the ARL '97 one have been boring (including the 97 SL)

Tommy Smith

Referee
Tell the Tigers fans that it was boring. They dont give a sh!t and why would they!...and that's the end of it really.

Congrats Tigers. Winning a comp is a great feeling. Lap it up. You deserve it.

Matt23

Staff member
2000 & 2004 were like watching paint try...tonights was a great game

Hurriflatch

Referee
same could be said for
2000 - Broncos
2001 - Knights
2002- Roosters
2003 - Panthers
2004 - Bulldogs

but lets be honest since the move to Telstra none of the Granf Finals have really been that good, there just doesn't seem to be the same atmopshere.

aussies1st

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
same could be said for
2000 - Broncos
2001 - Knights
2002- Roosters
2003 - Panthers
2004 - Bulldogs

but lets be honest since the move to Telstra none of the Granf Finals have really been that good, there just doesn't seem to be the same atmopshere.

Nothing wrong with it during SOO.

I actually agree with melon, this year there haven't been that many games that you could say rank up there with the best of all time. In fact I can only think of one - Saints vs. Roosters on Anzac Day.

In every other year there have been at least 2-5 games that you could count as some of the greatest you've ever seen.

The standard of footy has been rather poor this year, but that takes nothing away from the Tigers, fantastic effort to win it this year.

the rebel

Juniors
the last few grand finals have been sh*t in my opinion. i am a bulldogs fan and i thought that last years grand final was absolute sh*t. Way too many unforced errors. Telstra just lacks atmosphere in my opinion. Playing the game at night does not help either.

Panthers_God

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
same could be said for
2000 - Broncos
2001 - Knights
2002- Roosters
2003 - Panthers
2004 - Bulldogs

but lets be honest since the move to Telstra none of the Granf Finals have really been that good, there just doesn't seem to be the same atmopshere

Dont be hating because the Eels cant win a game at Telstra.

The Panthers vs Roosters grand final was one of the greats of the modern era.

Latest posts