What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was this the most boring Grand final ever?

the rebel

Juniors
Bring back the painted in goals like in the winfield cup days too, plus the grand final badges on the players sleeves.

Meanie

Juniors
Panthers_God said:
Dont be hating because the Eels cant win a game at Telstra.

The Panthers vs Roosters grand final was one of the greats of the modern era.

Yeah bloody oath. Aside from 1989 and 1997 it's the best one I've seen.

Jono078

Referee
I didnt think it was the best game, I think because there wasnt a team to hate added to that imo.

the rebel

Juniors
Panther vs roosters was a great game. One thing i remember was the defence by adrian morley during the game. That big hit on marty lang brillant.

Panthers_God

Juniors
jono078 said:
I didnt think it was the best game, I think because there wasnt a team to hate added to that imo.

Well its only the second grand final the Roosters have missed in 6 years.

AuckMel

Bench
Wasn't the greatest game, but there were some individuals who made it a bit better to watch.

Prince, Halatau and Thurston deserve special mention.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Unless you are actually there supporting your team that wins, of course you all gonna say it's boring. :roll:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Meanie said:
Sorry but I would've rathered Gould and Vossy, then at least the enthusiasm would've been there.

Fatty really doesn't have it anymore does he? Even before his accident.

Bring back Darryl Eastlake!!!

Panthers_God

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
one tackle does not make a great grand final

What game were you watching? Beacause I think you missed one of the greatest grand final performances ever by Luke Priddis, 60 tackles, 1 try, 2 try assists, 1 line break and a hell of alot of heart... unlike any of the eels players.

Y2Eel

First Grade
PK said:
Unless you are actually there supporting your team that wins, of course you all gonna say it's boring. :roll:
Thats not 100% true i havent supported a team in the GF since 01 and i think they were all exciting except this one and 99 gf

Meanie

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
one tackle does not make a great grand final

No it doesn't. A highly fought, close, intense contest in the wet were the less fancied underdog gets over the most hated team in the league however certainly does.

Hurriflatch

Referee
actually thats wrong, I found the 1997 ARL Grand Final very interesting and exciting yet it was between my two most hated ARL teams

didn't like either team in the 1989 Grand Final but hte match was great
even the 1991 was quite good.
92-93 were let downs tho

Y2Eel

First Grade
the rebel said:
Bring back the painted in goals like in the winfield cup days too, plus the grand final badges on the players sleeves.

HEre Here

melon....

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
2002 still ranks as the most boring Grand Final only good thing in that game was Villasanti headbutting Fittler :lol:
I know youre a parra fan, and its hard to think from a cane basket, but try and stay on topic.

Villa's head butt on Fittler was the best thing...it fired us up enough to destroy the Sheep shaggers. It was brilliant.

pantherz9103

First Grade
melon.... said:
Did is surpass the sleepy 2000 gF? Did it meet your expectations? Was it a mediocre GF? Was it brilliant?

I dont know what it was. Firstly Congrats to teh Maggettes. Nothing can take away the fact you are NRL Champions.

But tell me you havent seen better club games this year. Where was teh intensity...even the celebrations were brain dead, and subdued.

What about the call....abysmal. Warren should now offically retire. Gould was nowhere to be seen which was great, and the othrs offered jack sh*te.

Over all, IMO, the whole thing including the pathetic half time entertainment with some skank that should be collecting dollar bills swinging from brass poles, was drab and boring.

But then its been a boring season, probably the lowest standard of play for about 4 years.

Still though a couple of good teams played and will go down in history. Thats something special for their players and fans.

Your an Idiot. Automatically this grand final is good because the Roosters weren't it. Only good gf you were in was when we beat you in 03 of course.