What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wasnt Golden Point changed for finals to be after 5 each way?

Muz Dragon

Juniors
I assumed it was a mistake or a draft rule that was never ratified but I'd be interested to know why it has two contradictory rules and the one in the main section of the book specifically refers to the NRL finals.

Loose Cannon

Bench
So many people oppose GP yet the powers to be at the ARLC (channel 9) dictate that the fans love it. Do away with GP all together and only have extra time for finals

This.

I find it amusing that GP is apparently what the fans love. I don't recall ever being asked. How about you?

Also do they measure ratings at 5.55 on a Sunday and find its greater than 5.30. Could that just be that those people who don't watch football like the 6 o'clock news and maybe switch on in time? Pretty sure that happens with a 40-0 score line too.

Absolute fantasy.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Broncos/Dragons in 2011 and Roosters/Tigers in 2010 were both under the same rules and were golden point.

cleary89

Coach
I was unfortunately at the bledisloe cup game in sydney this year. Nothing sucked more than full time at 12-12.

I use to not like GP but after that I've changed my mind.

Loose Cannon

Bench
I was unfortunately at the bledisloe cup game in sydney this year. Nothing sucked more than full time at 12-12.

I use to not like GP but after that I've changed my mind.

Yeah, imagine a Rugby game being reduced to a field goal-a-thon. Oh wait.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Broncos/Dragons in 2011 and Roosters/Tigers in 2010 were both under the same rules and were golden point.

Its been in place since 2000 for finals, and since 2003 for both finals and competition matches.

I prefer playing the extra 10 minutes and then full time, keep going if its still a draw.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Make it that you can't kick a field goal inside the 40m,make these donkey's earn that field goal in Golden Plod,more importantly they probably wouldn't even attempt it and go for the try,what a great idea,im a genius.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Seriously my idea is genius,if you can kick a field goal more than 40m in Golden Plod you deserve to win.

I should be running the NRL

pHyR3

Juniors
It's something they absolutely must bring in, in my opinion. I don't understand how golden point is more exciting than extra time. Extra time at least gives the opposing team a right of reply.

in fact i think that extra time is far more interesting.

for the first 5 it is a field goal athon but if a team is up by 2 points or more with around 3 to go the other team is then forced to try to score a try which is extremely exciting, hail mary plays and the like.

currently it's too much about luck (penalties, a lucky line break, even who receives first)