What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wasnt Golden Point changed for finals to be after 5 each way?

ouwet

Bench
I see Dean Ritchie has been reading this thread...

Funny how Dean Ritchie and his stooges at the DT didn't run OR pick up this story in 2010 and 2011 when two final series matches were decided by Golden Point.

Diesel

Referee
Is it time to dump the GP from regular season and finals? It seems to me not many here like GP and others at my office feel the same saying there nothing wrong with a draw. Finals need to be extra time not GP as it just turns out to be a FG wankfest.

Only TV seems to benefit from GP

Loose Cannon

Bench
Sorry can't link, but Phil Rothfield's Highlight in yesterday's Telegraph was David Gyngell at Hadley's 60th (what fun!) with a grin from ear to ear as a result of golden point.

"More content,more ratings, more ads, more money" was the punchline.

More content - by definition. Ok I'll allow this one. But, we got how many minutes? Even at the maximum 10, would that time not be allocated in the post-game anyway.

More ratings - well I was already watching before golden point.

More ads - Can't remember if they squeezed one in before the restart, but wouldn't there normally be 3 minutes worth in the same time period.

More money - see all above.

Explain how it works to me please.

Packy

Bench
Imagine the whinging we'd get about "unfair that one team had to play an extra 20 minutes"

Card Shark

Immortal
Just play 5 each way FFS.

I hate the field goal-a-thon & I hate how the refs let things go, such as blatant offsides, in golden point.

There is hardly a field goal kicked in golden point where someone hasn't been offside in an attempt to charge it down.

When was the last time a penalty was awarded in golden point?

It would be an issue if the Manly players were expecting to play 5 minutes each way of extra time instead of golden point last Saturday, but they weren't. As such this is a complete storm in a tea cup. Must be a slow news day.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Rtchie and his News Ltd pals just have it in for the ARLC

i bet the rule was written the same way when their pal Gallop was in charge

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't understand why it's not like touch footy extra time

If the team that gets the ball first scores, then they would still have to kick off and allow the other team a set. If they don't score/equal the points then it's game over. If they do then it goes round again. Hardly seems fair if only one team gets a crack