What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

watmough

kbw

Bench
I gotta say being an old Bear, Manly are still the enemy. :)
But I do not mind the game as they play it, like "real" men, different to the Storm

But you have to give credit to a player that gets to the 250 game mark, especially a forward, even more so a forward that plays decent mins.

Well done Anthony Watmough

zombie jesus

Staff member
It has gone very quick, it seems not long ago people were screaming for him to be promoted to first grade. 11 seasons in the NRL, in the forwards, and he isn't 30 quite yet. Up there with Menzies for me.

hugzy

Juniors
what happened to g-stew's offloads? the only 1 he had yesterday was a dropped ball on teh stroke of HT that no body bothered calling

Stewart could pick up a thing or two about staying in shape from Watmough, the guy trains his heart out and gives it all on the pitch. Gifty still looks like he's on holiday.

eozsmiles

Bench
Stewart could pick up a thing or two about staying in shape from Watmough, the guy trains his heart out and gives it all on the pitch. Gifty still looks like he's on holiday.

Looks like he is still carrying injury. Doubt he is on full training. Probably won't see him near peak fitness until after the second bye imo. Use this 2 weeks to get the niggles sorted and the next bye period to get hard fit.

Back on Watmough, he is a little beast. I liked it how before the season started he casually mentioned that he'd be having "a local"ie painkiller, before every game this year. That is pretty tough.
And I like it how whenever something happens he is right there, as evidenced last night when Tilse went postal. There is a good photo from a few weeks ago when Matai levelled George Burgess. All the players are running in for a stink and Watmough is in the middle of them all, sitting on the ground holding the ball lol. He was already there.

Took me a while to warm to him because I don't follow Manly and he just niggles and merkins his way around the field all day. But he is just a player that you love to have on your team and the opposition hate. Runs over 100m every week through the ruck, plays 70-80 minutes, tackles blokes 15kg above his weight, and still finds time to get in the middle of every stink. And been doing it for 250 games at all levels. One club man to boot.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
'tis more machine than man... How he is on the bench for game 1 SOO is beyond me. WTF do you have to do to get a run on? Give Lozza a bit 'special time'?

He has beaten QLD and the Broncos on his own, practically. He deserves a run on spot on reputation, let alone form.

Latest posts