What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watto storms out of India

JJ

Immortal
It's an interesting question. I think you could be on the money in regards to man management and bringing the team together as one.

The problem is that he has also gone to new levels as a batsman since taking on the captaincy and is very good tactically on-field.

A dilemma I tells ya!

Then it's about getting the right people around him, and perhaps toning down his influence a bit (not sure of the wisdom of a captain being an official selector, especially one that seems to have ongoing issues with several players)... it's the off-field stuff where there is an issue, and to me, singling out Watson, or the 4 naughty boys, and ignoring the bigger issue of culture in the environment is weird... these are for the most part grown men, not necessarily terribly clever men, and not necessarily men as concerned with their public image as Clarke is...

Very punitive consequences for what seems like pretty minor indiscretions will not improve team spirit and harmony, quite the reverse... loosing puts pressure on teams, and public sacrifices of players (notably your vice-captain and your best bowler) seems bizarre... I mean, nobody was drunk, abusive, posting inappropriate pics of them and dogs, hauled before the local police etc... they neglected (deliberatley or otherwise) to scribble some half-arsed ideas on a piece of paper... and where is the coach's master plan here? His idea of leadership in a crisis is to brainstorm ideas with players who should really be worried about batting and bowling better?

nöyd

Staff member
...posting inappropriate pics of them and dogs...

image_zpsa4eed9e0.jpg

JJ

Immortal
it does make for some great humour :lol:

I am still waiting on Phil Hughes'

JW

Coach
:lol:

HAH, Scissorhands and the Show should be beauties if someone gets on to it. Huge trolling potential.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'd like to see Big Shows.

1) I should only have to bat if we are winning by a thousand runs
2) I should only have to bowl if we are allowed to have 30 fielders and its six and out.
3) Hire James Brayshaw as coach.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

HAH, Scissorhands and the Show should be beauties if someone gets on to it. Huge trolling potential.

I'm surprised Scissorhands did it at all in between dropping his pen and getting injured walking from his room to Arthur's.

nöyd

Staff member
another example of why british humour is king, i think it's a little refreshing (as well as annoying) to be the laughing stock of a sport we completely dominated less than 10 years ago

Timbo

Staff member
Wearing the wrong attire.

This is more ridiculous than I thought. And I thought it was pretty f**king ridiculous.

Watto's homework:

* Preen to third-man
* Preen to mid-wicket
* Preen as I walk back to the pavilion

LOL

Last edited:

JW

Coach
I vaguely remember the times when you played played for Australia if you were one of the best XI players in the country. But getting rid of backchat and high skin folds is obviously the better way to go.

aqua_duck

Coach
I vaguely remember the times when you played played for Australia if you were one of the best XI players in the country. But getting rid of backchat and high skin folds is obviously the better way to go.

Not to mention wearing the right attire...

Can you imagine John Buchanon giving Warney a serve because his skin folds were a little high?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Roy got the flick for going fishing instead of a team meeting, that I can understand

getting disciplined for wearing the wrong attire to a meeting is beyond beleif