What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

watts and farah charged with striking facing suspensions

T

Juniors
Tigers hooker Robbie Farah and Cowboys counterpart Anthony Watts have both been charged with striking after punches were thrown in Sunday’s clash at Leichhardt Oval – although Farah is set to avoid suspension.

Farah was hit with a grade-one charge and will dodge a ban with an early guilty plea, while Watts is set to be sidelined for a week over a grade two charge after the pair traded blows during the first half.

Farah will be given 93 carryover points if he submits a guilty plea, which will ensure a suspension should he face any further charges this season.

Rugbyleaguelive.com http://www.rugbyleaguelive.com/Articles/5972/2009/07/20/Farah_Watts_hit_with_striking_charges.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

donkeywong

Juniors
Tigers hooker Robbie Farah and Cowboys counterpart Anthony Watts have both been charged with striking after punches were thrown in Sunday’s clash at Leichhardt Oval – although Farah is set to avoid suspension.

Farah was hit with a grade-one charge and will dodge a ban with an early guilty plea, while Watts is set to be sidelined for a week over a grade two charge after the pair traded blows during the first half.

Farah will be given 93 carryover points if he submits a guilty plea, which will ensure a suspension should he face any further charges this season.

Rugbyleaguelive.com
what was the different in both cases??

Why then are Brett White and Steve Price (if he wasn't knocked into next week)free to play this weekend?

That is a bloody, bloody joke.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Why then are Brett White and Steve Price (if he wasn't knocked into next week)free to play this weekend?

because the MRC and judiciary system in rugby league make it up as they go along.

every year massive inconsistencies crop up yet nothing changes. I ahvent seen the farrah/watts dustups so cant comment but could it be cos they didnt 'shape up' like price and white? personally the only time players should be charged for fighting is if we're talking king hits or hitting blokes who arnt looking

redvscotty

First Grade
The only other charge was Matt Utai's dangerous throw on Friday night, he got 93pts as well and with no priors can opt for the early plea and get no weeks. http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25808304-5018866,00.html

I may be wrong,

But wouldn't Utai better off fighting and losing, to get a ban, then get named to play this weekend, then drop out and have a week off (Or as long as it takes Goodwin to either get injured or suspended again), and bring Goodwin back in?

Are they allowed to do that?

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Either it is fine to puch on or it isn't.

From now on every player that throws a punch gets charged or this is just more bullsh*t from the powers that be.

Ladmate

Bench
Watts was a cheap shot. So he got a grade 2. Only explanation.

I'm not complaining though,

Charlie124

First Grade
Hahaha what a joke, Farah elbows Watts in the scrum so Watts belts the little grub, it flares up again later and they both go to the bin, as far as im concerned it was dealt with then.

What I was pissed off about was the referee telling Watts "you retaliated" before sending him to the bin and giving the Tigers the f**king penalty!! If he's retaliated to something then why is he the one penalised??

There was some serious home crowd refereeing decisions yesterday but in the end we didnt play well enough to overcome them, and the Tigers played well.

TimmyB

Juniors
Hahaha what a joke, Farah elbows Watts in the scrum so Watts belts the little grub, it flares up again later and they both go to the bin, as far as im concerned it was dealt with then.

What I was pissed off about was the referee telling Watts "you retaliated" before sending him to the bin and giving the Tigers the f**king penalty!! If he's retaliated to something then why is he the one penalised??

There was some serious home crowd refereeing decisions yesterday but in the end we didnt play well enough to overcome them, and the Tigers played well.
Watts admitted himself he doesn't even know who elbowed him and whether it was intentional or not. So don't try and pin it on Farah when there's not even any footage to corroborate what Watts did. I'm fairly certain this is the first time Farah has even been cited, so don't try and make out he's a grub.

Watts likely got a higher grade because his strikes looked pretty f**king unprovoked. Throwing two punches at a bound hooker who may or may not have intentionally or unintentionally elbowed you is way over the top. At least Farah was retaliating to something that happened earlier. Likewise I'd say Hayne saw Watts as the true instigator, even if when the penalty was awarded it was Farah. Remember your team didn't even get punished for Watts throwing the punches.

Latest posts