What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

watts and farah charged with striking facing suspensions

Gus22

Juniors
Hahaha what a joke, Farah elbows Watts in the scrum so Watts belts the little grub, it flares up again later and they both go to the bin, as far as im concerned it was dealt with then.

What I was pissed off about was the referee telling Watts "you retaliated" before sending him to the bin and giving the Tigers the f**king penalty!! If he's retaliated to something then why is he the one penalised??

There was some serious home crowd refereeing decisions yesterday but in the end we didnt play well enough to overcome them, and the Tigers played well.

f**k off. That cowboy hat must be on too tight around your fat head and cut off circulation to that pea you have for a brain.

There was no elbow from Farah. GrubbyTwat Watts admitted that he felt something like an elbow but wasn't sure if it came from Farah, yet proceeded to punch an unsuspecting Farah.

Justice was served minutes later when Farah punched the crap out Watts and the the refs decided they'd dish out their own form of justice by handing the Tigers a penalty that technically shouldn't have recieved.

Charlie124

First Grade
f**k off. That cowboy hat must be on too tight around your fat head and cut off circulation to that pea you have for a brain.

There was no elbow from Farah. GrubbyTwat Watts admitted that he felt something like an elbow but wasn't sure if it came from Farah, yet proceeded to punch an unsuspecting Farah.

Justice was served minutes later when Farah punched the crap out Watts and the the refs decided they'd dish out their own form of justice by handing the Tigers a penalty that technically shouldn't have recieved.

Yeah, its pretty understandable for a bloke who's playing his first game as the starting hooker to completely out of the blue start laying into someone for no reason and risk being suspended, thats probably what happened.... :roll: please. Farah elbowed him, which is what he retaliated to.
Watts gave him another spray about it when they ran back on after their 10mins were up, should have belted the dirty little prick again.

TimmyB

Juniors
Yeah, its pretty understandable for a bloke who's playing his first game as the starting hooker to completely out of the blue start laying into someone for no reason and risk being suspended, thats probably what happened.... :roll: please. Farah elbowed him, which is what he retaliated to.
Watts gave him another spray about it when they ran back on after their 10mins were up, should have belted the dirty little prick again.

Anthony Watts said:
"It was a little elbow. I'm not sure if it was Robbie or not, but it came towards me and I just reacted,"
http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/...-crowd-loves-it/2009/07/19/1247941827590.html

How do you know more than Watts about what actually happened?

Charlie124

First Grade
C'mon mate, players don't want to drag these things into the media after the event, they never do because it doesnt change anything and just makes them look like whingers. How many times have we seen post match interviews or press conferences about things like this? The players always play it down like they're not entirely sure what happened anymore because it serves no purpose to themselves to come out and bag a guy off after its over. It wouldnt be worthwhile for Watts - an unknown player to be making a big deal about Farah being a filthy little cheap shot merchant.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
redvscotty, Utai would've been playing NSW Cup regardless, Goodwin's back this week.

TimmyB

Juniors
C'mon mate, players don't want to drag these things into the media after the event, they never do because it doesnt change anything and just makes them look like whingers. How many times have we seen post match interviews or press conferences about things like this? The players always play it down like they're not entirely sure what happened anymore because it serves no purpose to themselves to come out and bag a guy off after its over. It wouldnt be worthwhile for Watts - an unknown player to be making a big deal about Farah being a filthy little cheap shot merchant.

bullsh*t they do. Plenty of times players whinge. Just look at the last state of origin for example, or Luke O'donnell after the "Chicken wing" tackle et al.

You're just further illustrating your vendetta by continuing to call Farah a cheap shot merchant. Before you claimed he doesn't have the passion or niggle to play state of origin. Now he's a grub. Which is it? Deadset, the bloke has never been suspended and very, very rarely gives penalties away for high shots or rubbish in the ruck - other than normal trying to delay the play the ball.

We've got guys who push the line at our club, I'm not denying that. Farah just isn't one of them. If Watts actually got hit by an elbow, I'd be guessing it was Gibbs that did it.

For the record, how would Watts even KNOW who elbowed him? As soon as the scrum began to break he smacked Farah. Before that his head would have been down. Besides, if Farah really did elbow Watts and is well versed in this sort of thing as you claim, I doubt he'd be so unprepared for the punches that came.

We'll see if Watts defends the charge by arguing provocation by way of a Farah elbow. If he doesn't, that pretty well gives us our answer as to what happened.

Charlie124

First Grade
You're just further illustrating your vendetta by continuing to call Farah a cheap shot merchant. Before you claimed he doesn't have the passion or niggle to play state of origin. Now he's a grub. Which is it?

Passion and niggle arent the same thing as being a grub, at least not all the time.

If Watts actually got hit by an elbow, I'd be guessing it was Gibbs that did it.

Thats right, you'd be guessing. Watts didnt need to guess.

For the record, how would Watts even KNOW who elbowed him? As soon as the scrum began to break he smacked Farah. Before that his head would have been down. Besides, if Farah really did elbow Watts and is well versed in this sort of thing as you claim, I doubt he'd be so unprepared for the punches that came.

Who knows?? you and i have no idea what Watts did or didnt see, but from his reaction and what he said it seems Watts knew exactly who elbowed him.

We'll see if Watts defends the charge by arguing provocation by way of a Farah elbow. If he doesn't, that pretty well gives us our answer as to what happened.

What?? of course he won't, for all the reasons i stated in my previous post. Watts will cop the suspension and get on with it because continuing on with it now wont change a damn thing.

Ianc

Juniors
I've watched it several times, haven't seen any elbowing from Farah.

One of the more naive comments on here.

Charlie, leave it go. There is NO WAY the Golden One would start something, just ask Timmy Sheens, teams target the little darling all the time. It must have been all from that rednecked redhead from up North. :roll:

TeamSatan

Juniors
If they turn league into a jersey grabbing, chesty bumps, afl style garbage, then thats it for me. the great game has become a game for the politicaly correct university bred soft ons........Its the blue collar working mans game dammitt.

simon says

First Grade
Suck it up you sore losers.....you started the fight.We won the fight and the game.

Ohhhh and suck it up for 2005......obviouslt it still burns.:lol::lol:

The Gambler

Juniors
People are missing the point. Neither player should have been charged - based on the events from Wednesday night.

If the NRL are not going to tolerate fighting - fine - but please be consistent.

Talanexor

Juniors
Suck it up you sore losers.....you started the fight.We won the fight and the game.

Ohhhh and suck it up for 2005......obviouslt it still burns.:lol::lol:

We'll see what happens when we play you in the finals...

Oh, wait, THAT"S RIGHT, you're going to miss them for, what, the fourth season in a row...?

andrew123

Juniors
farah got him good, right to take it in his own hands, when i thought watts threw a cheap shot

LOL at watt's face today as well

TimmyB

Juniors
Like I said, the fact that Farah has never been suspended suggests he doesn't regularly throw elbows or act like a grub. Most other players labelled as grubs have featured at the judiciary a few times.

We will make the finals imo.

elyod138

Bench
We'll see what happens when we play you in the finals...

Oh, wait, THAT"S RIGHT, you're going to miss them for, what, the fourth season in a row...?

This post could come back to haunt you, we could easily miss out on the top 8, our run home is the toughest.

T

Juniors
This post could come back to haunt you, we could easily miss out on the top 8, our run home is the toughest.

What i want to know is how can you elbow someone when your bound to a scrum by two props? Farah didnt break early and elbow watts, watts hit him while he was still bound so it looks like a king hit to me

I might steal a quote from Jarryd Hayne.

"They couldn't win the game so they tried to win the fight. They lost that as well."

Latest posts