What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Way Forward Next Year

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Tiger05

Let me be the next (certainly not the first) to say you are geniused.

No-one is saying there is a conspiracy around injuries. No-one.

I would also like to see where this "proven fact" that we have the "best" injury management comes from.

Any stat guys out there want to compare how many players we use each year to the other clubs? Its more, why is it more? the players get injured you f**king freak.

Rehab and after game care is what Im talking about.

Remember the club Dr we had that needled up Robbie before a game a few years ago and hit a nerve? THAT is the crap Im talking about. Just one example.

And really, Fulton shouldnt have been backing up one week after his first concussion either.

I dont know what our guys do on R&R days, and Im not even saying its wrong.

All Im saying is that there MUST be a reason why Tigers players get injured more than most. Not saying I know WHAT it is - but its something.

Tiger05

First Grade
I would also like to see where this "proven fact" that we have the "best" injury management comes from.

Its a bullshit statement but its just as factual as your bullshit statement. Prove me wrong or stop making up stupid conspiracy theories.

I know its hard but use your freaken brain.

Any stat guys out there want to compare how many players we use each year to the other clubs? Its more, why is it more? the players get injured you f**king freak.

Rehab and after game care is what Im talking about.

You are a moron. Prove my statement incorrect. If you can't STFU.

All Im saying is that there MUST be a reason why Tigers players get injured more than most. Not saying I know WHAT it is - but its something.

I think its moron supporters like yourself who just post stupid made up bullshit.

Facts over BS every day of the week.

N.C.

Juniors
Yep. It's conversations like this one that make the LU forum such a worthwhile place to visit... Cheers guys. Keep up the good work.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
OK dick head.

From the NRL.com site:

Tigers have used 29 players so far this year
Broncos 24
Dogs 27
Raiders 26
Cronulla 34
Gold Coast 30
Manly 26
Melbourne 27
Newcastle 30
Cowboys 29
Warriors 31
Eels 30
Penrith 26
Souths 27
St George 29
Roosters 25

The only teams that have played more players than us are doing worse than us.

So, obviously there is a high causality (statistical term - I suggest you look it up) between a high attrition of players and a lower performance.

To dumb it down, it makes it obvious that when you use a lot of players, your not using your BEST players week in week out.

Now, if teams like Manly and the Dogs, consistently great teams (whether you like them or hate them they always make the finals) are always trying to improve their R&R doesn't it make sense that we should as well?

Obviously to you it doesn't, but that's because your an idiot.

Tiger05

First Grade
OK dick head.

From the NRL.com site:

Tigers have used 29 players so far this year
Broncos 24
Dogs 27
Raiders 26
Cronulla 34
Gold Coast 30
Manly 26
Melbourne 27
Newcastle 30
Cowboys 29
Warriors 31
Eels 30
Penrith 26
Souths 27
St George 29
Roosters 25

The only teams that have played more players than us are doing worse than us.

So, obviously there is a high causality (statistical term - I suggest you look it up) between a high attrition of players and a lower performance.

To dumb it down, it makes it obvious that when you use a lot of players, your not using your BEST players week in week out.

Now, if teams like Manly and the Dogs, consistently great teams (whether you like them or hate them they always make the finals) are always trying to improve their R&R doesn't it make sense that we should as well?

Obviously to you it doesn't, but that's because your an idiot.

f**k you are looking more and more stupid by the minute. Talk about an idiot - your facts prove that the injuries that we have suffered are basically on par with every other team in the comp.

Look at those figures and tell me that we stand out ? If anything that proves that injuries haven't been as big a factor to us this year as what we are all stating. The Cowboys are on par with us and just toweled us up and they are coming 4th. That lowest figure there is the Broncos and they are coming 10th.

Maybe injuries aren't the reason we are losing. You can definitely put to the bed the conspiracy theory that our team is losing because our R & R isn't up to scratch.

I guess its back to the drawing board. Lets come up with another conspiracy because that one is dead in the water.

A little word of advice - if you want to appear intelligent try to improve on your grammar and if you want to use statistics at least use statistics that back your argument up.

I'll also add that causality does not equal correlation and I suggest you look that up. In this case though you don't even have a case that causality exists.

Last edited:

Bench
f**k you are looking more and more stupid by the minute. Talk about an idiot - your facts prove that the injuries that we have suffered are basically on par with every other team in the comp.

Look at those figures and tell me that we stand out ? If anything that proves that injuries haven't been as big a factor to us this year as what we are all stating. The Cowboys are on par with us and just toweled us up and they are coming 4th. That lowest figure there is the Broncos and they are coming 10th.

Maybe injuries aren't the reason we are losing. You can definitely put to the bed the conspiracy theory that our team is losing because our R & R isn't up to scratch.

I guess its back to the drawing board. Lets come up with another conspiracy because that one is dead in the water.

A little word of advice - if you want to appear intelligent try to improve on your grammar and if you want to use statistics at least use statistics that back your argument up.

I'll also add that causality does not equal correlation and I suggest you look that up. In this case though you don't even have a case that causality exists.

We havent been able to bring players in due to 2nd tier cap limits,most of our injuries are backs meaning we play forwards in the backs,to think we are on par with other teams is moronic.

N.C.

Juniors
Yes, do look that up. You might find you have it arse about...

But to really get something out of any 'injury theory', it might be worth looking further than just the number of players used, and count how many games each of those players has played. We have two players who have played only one game, and one who has played only two. There are twelve Wests Tigers (or former West Tigers) players who have turned out for less than ten games this year - and a couple of those guys played last night while another couple are out for the season... That means we've had to mix things up a bit.

Interestingly, these numbers were fairly stable up until about the mid-way point, when we started to lose couple of key players for the season.

I don't know how this compares to other teams but it is obviously important to look a little deeper than just how many players each team has used... what are our depth players like, and how often have we had to call on them, and under what circumstances?

Tiger05 I like your insistence on finding a conspiracy theory in all of this, but it's probably more a case of incompetence, if it's not just bad luck...

Tiger05

First Grade
Tiger05 I like your insistence on finding a conspiracy theory in all of this, but it's probably more a case of incompetence, if it's not just bad luck...

I don't see a conspiracy theory at all. If you think its incompetence you obviously believe that there is a conspiracy theory. Seriously ask yourself if the club is employing incompetent medical staff and the answer is simply that they aren't. That ends it.

I'm not even sure that our injuries have been that bad and the stats show that. How long has Robbie been out for ? How long has Woods been out for ? What about Blair ? Tedesco has been missing but he has been consistently missing. Brooks has missed the last couple of games.

I understand everyone is looking for a scapegoat and a reason for the Tigers being so shit house recently but maybe its just that our squad including the coaching staff simply aren't that good.

I know that there are a lot of dumb posters on here. I accept that. Unfortunately that doesn't make Santa Claus real. The simple answer is probably correct. The factual answer is also probably correct.

Last edited:

DanOz

Juniors
Its easy to blame the board......

We have NO money - so our board, like the boards of many poor teams do nothing.

Wests have money. They haven't paid the bills because Balmain stopped paying. Wests can and will repay their share of the NRL loans. Balmain's failure to pay means their 2 board seats are vacated until they become financial again. Wests Tigers have money.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I think that there have been some poor decisions especially buying Richards and letting Koro go. I can understand the decision in some ways but I think we really need a player like Koro in our backline.

I'd have to disagree on Richards, he's been a gun all year. I think he has been carrying an injury for the past number of weeks, hence the drop in form.

But you do make a good point in the fact that we have Richards at the expense of Korobete. If Richards had been a centre then he would have been the perfect buy.

Given that our season has completely gone to shit, I reckon its time we call up some of the up and comers. Fine, Lovett, Brown...all of them. Any player that is carrying an injury should just be given a break. f**k it, we need everyone healthy for a good solid off season.

DanOz

Juniors
I'd have to disagree on Richards, he's been a gun all year. I think he has been carrying an injury for the past number of weeks, hence the drop in form.

But you do make a good point in the fact that we have Richards at the expense of Korobete. If Richards had been a centre then he would have been the perfect buy.

Given that our season has completely gone to shit, I reckon its time we call up some of the up and comers. Fine, Lovett, Brown...all of them. Any player that is carrying an injury should just be given a break. f**k it, we need everyone healthy for a good solid off season.

We can't. We would breach the 2nd tier salary cap

Eddie Lab

Juniors
I don't see a conspiracy theory at all. If you think its incompetence you obviously believe that there is a conspiracy theory. Seriously ask yourself if the club is employing incompetent medical staff and the answer is simply that they aren't. That ends it.

you do know that the two don't go hand in hand right? you can believe that we have a substandard medical/recovery team and not think it's some conspiracy. IMO yes we do have a substandard recovery team and it shows by how long we had that Dumbass Dr for. also the fact that we can't get an accurate amount of time that players will be out for and it's been the same story for years.

N.C.

Juniors
Tiger05 as I said, I admire your attempts to paint everybody else's opinion as a 'conspiracy theory' but the truth is it's more likely to just be a bunch of f**k ups. Good luck selling the kool-aid though.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Where do you start for next year.

Injuries- the extend of injuries suffered over the last few seasons needs to be looked at by a qualified person who can test our record against other clubs. What we did different / same as others and the outcomes. If we are shown to be deficient for gods sake fix it quick and copy what the successful other clubs are doing. If it is the same all over a couple of seasons then it is just bad luck.

Coaching staff- I think Potter has been too damaged by the crap over the last month to get a contract extension. Having said that neither of his 2 assistants in Payten or Kidwell should be rewarded by getting the gig and they should be sacked as well. It certainly seems Potter has been whiteanted by either one of them, or both, in both his relations with the player group, management and the press. Disloyalty should not be rewarded, and to be truthful, even if they are totally loyal (which I severely doubt), the implosion of WT effort for this season in the last month has been disgraceful. If we blame the coach, all ther coaching staff are culpable.

The CEO- The board will know whether Meyer has contributed to this or not. If he has, he should go too. If not, he should stay on.

The board- Dysfunctional but hopefully the NRL 'fix' will be in place soon so we can prepare for 2015.

The players- They fell apart with amazing rapidity. I think the senior player glue holding the younguns together and providing leadership evaporated. Farah, Anasta, Lawrence, Galloway, Moltzen & Blair all deserve a serve but what to do with them? Anasta is gone but the others probably remain. Maybe they should be given a once offer of 'do you want to go elsewhere, we will not stand in your way, if you stay you must support the coach and club without equivocation or you're out, with a hostile club standing in your way.'

Recruitment- a couple of solid centres (dont have to be flashy), a strike backrower (to replace Ellis & Dwyer) and a fallback hooker to put pressure on Farah.

Hard to credit we are in such a mess, all of our own doing. I feel sorry for Potter and the few players left trying to put in for the club and their pride.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Tiger05 as I said, I admire your attempts to paint everybody else's opinion as a 'conspiracy theory' but the truth is it's more likely to just be a bunch of f**k ups. Good luck selling the kool-aid though.

This is really unlikely. I hope you get this. I love the kool-aid reference too. Just to be clear I'm not the one making up stuff with no facts whatsoever. The stats that have been supplied also do not back up the BS being spun.

Show me facts or admit that its a BS theory.

Tiger05

First Grade
you do know that the two don't go hand in hand right? you can believe that we have a substandard medical/recovery team and not think it's some conspiracy. IMO yes we do have a substandard recovery team and it shows by how long we had that Dumbass Dr for. also the fact that we can't get an accurate amount of time that players will be out for and it's been the same story for years.

Your opinion on our medical staff is backed up by what ????

You do also realize that people heal at different rates and sometimes its hard to predict how they heal accurately.

This is doctor dumbass to you:- http://www.ssmc.com.au/practitioners/donald_kuah.html. I'd be interested in your experience when it comes to judging him. I have to assume that you are much more qualified than he is and more specialized within the field or the alternative is that you are full of shit. How about being honest and listing your credentials so we can judge if you are just making up BS or not.