What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett Interview

Hanscholo

Bench
What a difference a year makes. This time last year we were full of optimism after limping into 7th place, being hammered by Manly, losing two of our most experience and accomplished players, and pinning virtually all our hopes on Soward, who was still a fringe first grader. 12 months later, with a minor premiership under our belt, a few more Origin forwards, the league's top tryscorer, and Soward a Dally M/Provan-Summons medallist, we're full of negativity. Funny sh*t

Such is the life of a top 4 side. Your side will be vastly better for the run next year, they now not only think they can get to the GF, they know they can and it makes all the difference. They just looked up this season and all of a sudden they were where they always wanted to be and they had nfi what to do. It happens.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Ok...i will say it... we should not have signed dan hunt for 3 years. We should have re-signed Dean young. And i think 3 years for coops is a stretch. Thats the crux of the problem for me. How the hell Paea was allowed to go to the dogs, Poore to the eels and stanley to the storm is beyond me... wait no its not. We re-signed Hunt, young and cooper. Forgive my cynicism but it really annoys me. we cannot have a bench with rookies and players with little experience. I think Merrin should get a go though. He has something good.

Godz Illa

Coach
Err I knew all along. I pretended that you were contributing something new, a new idea and kinda played along with it. But yeah, pretty obvious it was another thinly veiled "Hunt and Young suxsss! Paea rulz!" post.

TheRev

First Grade
However I am concerned with his believe in our players abilities, he comes across as though they are limited in what they are capable of and that bothers me immensely, maybe he has some big names in line for 2011.

I loved the interview, but i'm very worried about 2010... right now i'm seeing us repeating the same year all over again, a solid side without the individual attacking brilliance to lift for finals football. Especially when you consider 2009 we had 0 injuries or suspensions (i.e. we were at full strength).

I think there are some restructures we have discussed on the forum that will help, but were still missing a superstar 7, 9 or even a 1 that would give us an edge.

2011 should be fine, we should have the younger guys ready to come through by then (Henry specifically), Soward would have made it (or not) by then, we should be able to attract some classier players due to this years success.

Anyway, as Bennett says, 2010 rostering is already done, so we have what we have, lets hope the players we have can repeat their 2009 form, and 1 or 2 others make a real jump, like Nightingale, Boyd, Tagive etc... and same with some of the fringe forwards replacing Poore.

The Nick

Bench
FFS...

look how much improvement Uncle Wayne brought to the club in 1 off season. Imagine what he could do with 2 of them!

Latest posts