What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett quitting the Knights

aqua_duck

Coach
Not terribly disappointed, I've been very critical of Bennett's reign in the knights forums and I personally think he's lost touch with the modern game. Stone deserves the chance, he never had the resources and support staff that we have now during his previous tenure and still managed to do an admirable job. It's now up to him and Peter Mulholland to earn their and get on with recruiting

blaza88z

Coach
I think it's fair to say Bennett was asked to deal with alot of issues off-field that wouldn't of been a problem at clubs he has been successful with

_snafu_

Immortal
371016-darius-boyd.jpg

Darius, on hearing the news.

I think it's pretty poor form from Bennett.
Taking his bat and ball and going home just because he can't cop being involved in an unsuccessful team.
Stick around and finish your job!

Frederick

Staff member
I think it's pretty poor form from Bennett.
Taking his bat and ball and going home just because he can't cop being involved in an unsuccessful team.
Stick around and finish your job!

I for one will be glad to see the back of him. He's made me hate my team

_snafu_

Immortal
Wayne Bennett to quit as Newcastle Knights coach
July 10, 2014 - 9:37AM
Quitting the Knights ... Wayne Bennett

Wayne Bennett will announce on Thursday he will quit the Newcastle Knights at the end of the season.

Bennett had been signed to the Knights until the end of the 2015 season, however after the collapse of Nathan Tinkler's ownership his contract was up for re-negotiation.

More to come.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/wayne-bennett-to-quit-as-newcastle-knights-coach-20140710-zt24b.html#ixzz371CPQMKp

Canard

Immortal
Where are all the Knights fans claiming that Bennett wouldn't "do the dirty" on them, and wouldn't leave them in the lurch?

As if Bennet should just stay even though he isn't getting paid what was promised.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Where are all the Knights fans claiming that Bennett wouldn't "do the dirty" on them, and wouldn't leave them in the lurch?

As if Bennet should just stay even though he isn't getting paid what was promised.

lol This post is pure fiction

Most of us were hoping he'd stay on but were prepared that he wouldnt

His was never not paid either champ