What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett signs to coach St George Illawarra Dragons

icewind

Juniors
he's 59 and hasn't changed. what makes you think he'll magically become mr personality? just accept him for who he is, and take the good with the bad. Because the good FAR outweighs the bad.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Dragon said:
According to Fox sports news, he's bringing the whole coaching staff with him from Brisbane.

On ya bike McGregor !!!!!
yeah and scouts, watch for a whole bunch of youssters come with them, good younsters, whatch your backs boys, partys over now FIRE UP:crazy:

OUSTDOUST

Juniors
would hate to be ryles after a bad game. we finally have a coach that stands up to the players. hopefully respect to the coach will finaly bring us the trophy we have been thirsting for, for nearly 3 decades.

one down one to go.

OUSTDOUST.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Could you imagine him winning a GF against Brissy?

It would be an interesting feeling.

Syren

Juniors
Drew-Sta said:
Could you imagine him winning a GF against Brissy?

It would be an interesting feeling.

He is a professional so he will be fine. IMO he would love to get one over the Broncos just to show his values. It was Brisbane who didnt want to renew his contract in the first instance couple of seasons ago.

brendothejet

First Grade
when st george win their next premiership i will be taking a week off work and commencing the celebrations with a streak from carlton station to the leagues club with a tin in each hand!

Slackboy72

Coach
OUSTDOUST said:
would hate to be ryles after a bad game. we finally have a coach that stands up to the players. hopefully respect to the coach will finaly bring us the trophy we have been thirsting for, for nearly 3 decades.

one down one to go.

OUSTDOUST.

I have a feeling that part of Brown's problem is not being able to stand up to players. How long has it taken for Ryles to be dropped and then only to the bench. He's been out of form for a long time yet still makes the team and got selected as captain last year. He may have seniority over the rest of the squad but that's no way to select a squad.

OUSTDOUST said:

one down one to go.

OUSTDOUST.

is that you with the sign at saints games.

last year doust was sitting with the players on the sideline seats at kogarah, and that sign was directly opposite him for the whole game.

was having a big laugh at that

Sharkie73

Bench
A good signing for your side people, as supporters what expectations do you have of Benny in his first year? and what players do you think he will cut lose?

Dragooner

Bench
I must admit, I don't expect miracles in 2009. That'll be a rebuilding stage where Bennett can develop what's necesarry and then we can go from there.

Avenger

Immortal
Well done Dragons. a great signing. Watch the exodus from the Broncos follow him.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
All things being equal, Saints should be able to maintain a decent winning record over the Broncos for a while to come. We've had the wood on them for a few years now without Bennett, and he knows the culture of the Broncos better than anyone.
But as I said, it relies on all things being equal... which they rarely are. lol

OUSTDOUST

Juniors
IN REPLY TO DALYMESSENGER

yep that was me.

Ive actualy been asked by Danny Robinson to be spoken to about the banner but declined it not once but twice.

dont think they were happy.

well tuff, because we supporters havnt been happy for 29yrs..........

Bennett is the best thing to happen to us thus far, but will not get doust off the hook that easily.

OUSTDOUST

Juniors
dallymessenger said:
is that you with the sign at saints games.

last year doust was sitting with the players on the sideline seats at kogarah, and that sign was directly opposite him for the whole game.

was having a big laugh at that

yep that was me.

Ive actualy been asked by Danny Robinson to be spoken to about the banner but declined it not once but twice.

dont think they were happy.

well tuff, because we supporters havnt been happy for 29yrs..........

Bennett is the best thing to happen to us thus far, but will not get doust off the hook that easily.

Latest posts