What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett signs to coach St George Illawarra Dragons

Serb Dragon

Juniors
Bennets indicated he wants Luke Rooney... i believe his words were to the effect of "dont sign with another club until i have".

your thoughts?

Dragon

Coach
According to Fox sports news, he's bringing the whole coaching staff with him from Brisbane.

On ya bike McGregor !!!!!

OUSTDOUST

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
So do you still want to oust doust?

Mate Peter Doust has used his last life line by signing Bennett. He was under pressure from the board. If we keep losing players and dont come back to Kogarah, Oust Doust will continue.

Only time will tell.

Mr Saab

Referee
Congrats Dragons fans. I hope he brings you the success he helped create at te Broncos.

Mr Saab

Referee
Nosir'rom Na'ed said:
Just for everyones information... I have always, always liked Bennett.

Lets just see how you and other Dragons fans react when he doesnt say boo at the press conference after a loss....or even a win. Never bothered me one iota, but it bothered alot of others!

God-King Dean

Immortal
Well... Tbh the only time he's pissed me off is when he didn't confront the media after the 2005 Tri-Nations.

Other than that... f*ck 'em.

Godz Illa

Coach
btw Well done to the Dragons honchos for signing the best available candidate. I think any of Daniel Anderson, Potter or Millward would have been a step backwards. Bennett is a giant leap forward.

Mr Saab

Referee
Nosir'rom Na'ed said:
Well... Tbh the only time he's pissed me off is when he didn't confront the media after the 2005 Tri-Nations.

Other than that... f*ck 'em.

Yes 2005 was not a good look and even Bennett admitted he made a mistake. With Bennett he does not feed the wolves (journos)...where as Brown would be an open book on occasion and would put pressure on the Dragons with his comments.

Well the times they are a changin'

I really feel for Nathan Brown. His appointment came too early for him. With the right amount of experience he would have been a lot more successful.

Peter Doust take a bow for causing so much grief to your current coach and the people that pay your way.

The signing of Wayne Bennett is a small step in the right direction but if Doust left St George that would be one giant step for mankind.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Thank F*ck for Bennett!

Its just a shame that we have to wait a whole year before we will see some results...

big pat

Coach
doust is probably beside himself for landing bennett, now lets see you announce we are going back to kogarah, that will make us even happier.

SilverSteeler

Juniors
Sh*t Im glad we have finally done something right, it has taken a while but I am stoked Bennett will be our coach next season.

What will we say then if we still dont win games??

_Johnsy

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Congrats Dragons fans. I hope he brings you the success he helped create at te Broncos.

Cheers saab

Mr Saab said:
Lets just see how you and other Dragons fans react when he doesnt say boo at the press conference after a loss....or even a win. Never bothered me one iota, but it bothered alot of others!

I hope he makes more of an effort in this regard.

Latest posts